Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shows only high temperature thermometer

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought my Versa 14 days ago, and the other night I fell asleep before I could recharge with low battery warning.  The next morning while still wearing it, all it would show is the yellow/orange thermometer triangle of death.  I decided a recharge was necessary, but after several hours it still shows the same thing.  When attempting either a restart, turn off, or reset, the triangle slowly flashes on and off - like 2 seconds on, two seconds off.  It does nothing else at this point.

Obviously this isn't related to temperature because the unit is not warm, and the ambient temperature in my home is maintained at 22 Celcius with central air conditioning.   

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Snidgen. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the details of the issue you've experienced with your recently purchased Fitbit Versa showing the yellow/orange thermometer. Thank you for your efforts to resolve the issue and providing the additional details. If you continue experiencing this issue, please follow the steps from this help article: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? It may contain steps that you tried already, but you can skip them and proceed with the rest.

If the issue still persists, I recommend doing a factory reset. Please note that you'll need to reinstall any apps on your device after the reset, and if you couldn’t sync your device, then any data on the Fitbit device will be lost. In order to do the factory reset, please do the following:

1. On the watch, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds.
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. Once the Fitbit.com/setup screen appears, open the Bluetooth settings on your phone and unpair the watch from the list. Then, please set up the watch back to your account with the instructions on this link: How do I set up my Fitbit device? 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa has done the exact same thing today and I can't get it to reset. All it is doing is flashing the temp warning triangle when it never even got hot or cold to begin with. Is there any other way to bring it back?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @AmyLewis39

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the issue with your device. I appreciate your efforts to resolve this. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them and that they were able to help you. Thank you for your time and efforts.

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In case anyone wonders what the resolution was, the solution was to take it back to the store for refund because the unit was defective.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Snidgen, thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Thank you for posting the update here. I hope to keep you in the Fitbit family and working on your goals. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes