Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Screen Automatic Scrolling solution and feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good morning,

I just wanted to let others know of a recent experience I had with my Versa in case others have the same experience.  (And to let you know that the customer support team really does have your back. : )

Recently my screen got stuck after checking the weather and after that the screen would just start scrolling and going through multiple settings.  For example I'd be sitting down and all of the sudden it would come on by itself (even though I've got it set to manual) and just start going back and forth between the clock face and the lower screen over and over.  Next it would switch to settings and on its own start scrolling and clicking on things by itself.

I did the following trouble shooting options:

Restart

Turn off Screen from "auto" to "normal"

Turn off "Heart Rate" and reset

Went to settings and under "auto" I did a factory reset

All that to say it did not fix the bug.

But here's the great news.  I called support.  They walked me through the final step above and were so helpful.  It was painless.  I am writing this because of the great experience I just had with the customer support team.  After doing all of the trouble shooting steps and seeing that it did not resolve the issue, they are replacing it.

Thank you, Fitbit Versa, for an amazing customer service experience!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @GBUSBeth, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board!

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing the details of the issue you experienced with your Versa screen and the steps you tried to resolve it. Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with our Support Team. I'm glad to hear that you had a great experience with them and now you'll receive a replacement! Thanks so much for sharing your feedback as it's really important to us. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences. 

Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! Give it a look!

Best of luck with your health and wellness goals. Keep on visiting the forums! Robot Happy

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing right now. Its driving me crazy. Thank you tho. I will contact fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @JessicaGotham92

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your watch. 

I totally understand how you are feeling and appreciate your efforts to resolve this. I would like to confirm if you've tried already to restart the device and switch to a Fitbit clock face

Please keep me posted, I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been doing this! Did you say that fitbit walked you through a factory reset and it fixed it? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No. I ended up having to get a new one. Its a defect I guess Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh dang. That's disheartening 😅 thanks for the information though

Best Answer
0 Votes