Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa + Spinning Class Accuracy

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use the Spinning Exercise App on my Versa and it just doesn't seem accurate. Its discouraging when using the Versa to track  and compete with others.

My latest class stats were:

1:03 hour spin class at GoodLife (extended class)

1.75km (that can't be right??)

3 min peak, 38 min cardio, 23 min fat burn

135 average bpm

467 calories

+ 2,469 steps (this also seems low)

I've checked my profile for age, height, weight etc

Please help if there is a more accurate way to capture spin class.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AmandaN85,

I think you did it right using Spinning on Exercise app. Distance will always be off while spinning, because in that exercise you're not actually moving forward where it can judge distance. It will try based on the number of steps. The bike or treadmill at the gym might estimate distance in those cases.

Which brings us to steps during spinning/biking. This topic has been long-debated here. Some people want steps negated during biking because they're aren't really steps. Other people feel that spin/biking should have more steps awarded than currently.

I just don't bother about distance issues and extra steps. I find active minutes and calories burned are more important.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @AmandaN85,

I think you did it right using Spinning on Exercise app. Distance will always be off while spinning, because in that exercise you're not actually moving forward where it can judge distance. It will try based on the number of steps. The bike or treadmill at the gym might estimate distance in those cases.

Which brings us to steps during spinning/biking. This topic has been long-debated here. Some people want steps negated during biking because they're aren't really steps. Other people feel that spin/biking should have more steps awarded than currently.

I just don't bother about distance issues and extra steps. I find active minutes and calories burned are more important.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer