Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Sudden Malfunction

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa was a gift from a friend who gave it to me about 4 years ago and they no longer have the receipt. I've thoroughly enjoyed using it but, about two weeks ago it totally stopped working. The only thing that shows up constantly is the Fitbit logo, and that has continued to show up on and off the charger everyday for going on two weeks. I've tried the soft reset several times that's mentioned in the chats but nothing is working. It used to vibrate when I took it off the charger, but now it doesn't even do that. I'm tired of the hassle with it so I've just started using another smartwatch my husband gave me two years ago. I didn't wear it much because I enjoyed using my Versa much more. Have informed those in my Fitbit community that I've had to drop out of the Fitbit game. I've earned so many badges since becoming a member in 2014, that I refuse to initiate a factory reset and start all over. I'M DISAPPOINTED AND COMPLETELY OVER THIS!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

My Versa 2 hasn't recorded heartbeat or sleep patterns since March 18. I finally did the factory reset, and still not working. Am shopping for a new device that actually has customer support. The main reason, is that I agree with your last sentence. Tick-tock.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same thing as me, I had my versa 2 for just over 2.5 years and had no issues whatsoever. Ever since I updated in early to mid March the sleep and heartbeat tracker haven't worked. I've see a lot of people have this issue which makes me wonder if it's planned obsolescence by Fitbit as in other posts where they have replied they just offer a slight discount on the versa 3 and say its outside of warranty, despite people clearly showing that the issue occured as a result of one of their software updates that they push on you. If they mad eit possible to rollback the update manually it would be fine but like most tech companies today they have that all locked down and dont give the software in a way where changing what version your hardware is using is something that can be done.

Best Answer

Same with me.during update last week it suddenly stopped updating. Now only I can see is Fitbit logo. I had tried several times by resetting it but nothing. Now I decided not to use any Fitbit watch n also telling others for the same. Even can’t factory reset it

Best Answer
I finally broke down and attempted a factory reset, but nothing's changed than what I included in my previous post. I'm not in a position to buy another piece of hardware simply because there's no repair due to a software glitch. Fitbit's just completely lost me as a consumer. All's well that didn't end well.

Peace!
Best Answer
0 Votes

This exact thing happened to me yestersay. Only thing I see is the logo. I've only had it 18 months..... Not happy!!! 🙁

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same! Obviously this is either caused by most recent update or planned obsolescence. If they think a discount on a new fbit is gonna cut it then maybe it’s time to switch to Apple. It’s ironic cuz I was actually planning on getting the whole family fbits so we could share data but that’s NOT happening now fer sure

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you notice this issue is all over this forum. When it gets to more than a page of like complaints the moderator shuts down the thread …what a joke!

Best Answer
0 Votes