Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Won't Sync = Not Found

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

First, and this is very important:

I do not use the Fitbit app on my phone. I will never use a Fitbit app on my phone. Stop trying to force me to move everything I do to a mobile device. 

Second - I think the Versa is the worst thing I ever wasted over $100 on.  I've had nothing but trouble trying to get it to connect to my wifi, fighting with the bluetooth on my phone, etc.

Third, This feature has been working "okay" - not perfect.  Does not always sync automatically like I have my desktop app on my computer set up for.  But this morning, it won't find the Versa and won't sync.  I have closed and reopened the app.  No success.  I am about to start shopping for a product made by a company that cares more about customer satisfaction than making a buck, because I am seriously dissatisfied with this product.  I never had these issues with my Alta nor with my Charge HR.  

And Fourth, just in case I didn't make it clear - I do not use the Fitbit app on my phone and I will never use the Fitbit app on my phone.  So please don't offer any advice that is geared toward a mobile app.  

Moderator edit: removed all caps

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@DLThune You can download Fitbit Win 10 app from Microsoft Store.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

@DLThune and you use it with...?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
I use it with the Fitbit Desktop App.  I've been using the desktop app for 2+ years with the Charge HR and then with the Alta.  
I never had ANY problems with the desktop app until I tried to use it with the Versa.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DLThune Windows 10 app? 

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
I run Windows 10, yes.  
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DLThune Go to your computer Bluetooth settings, and make sure that "Download over metered connections" box is checked. Reboot your computer and Versa (by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes), and sync.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the input, my laptop actually doesn't have bluetooth.  I was going to get a bluetooth stick but I haven't done it yet.  When I got home last night, the Versa did sync. And it synced fine this morning.  It's just really ridiculous how hard it's been to get this to work the way it should.  
I have to turn the bluetooth off on my phone any time I want to have my Versa sync - it doesn't matter that I don't even have the Fitbit app on my phone.  Then of course, I have to remember to turn the bluetooth back ON on my phone so I can make work calls when I'm driving.  
I uninstalled my Alta 6 weeks ago, because it seemed to be causing a conflict.  Then I reinstalled it.  Then I uninstalled it again because I thought I'd solved all my Versa problems.  Then the Versa started acting weird again so I thought I'd reinstall the Alta again but guess what?  The Fitbit desktop software no longer recognizes my Alta.  
It's been a very bumpy road.  I think there's room for a LOT of improvement here.  
Again, I thank you for all your input over the last couple of months.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DLThune I agree with the bumpy road. Trackers not being recognized are due to the bug in the Fitbit app... It seems it transfered to Win10 as well. At this point, it boils down to software really.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marrrmaduke

Do you have any help on how I can find updated software for the desktop app?  The last time I looked, the only thing I could find was the Fitbit Connect software and not the actual desktop app.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DLThune You can download Fitbit Win 10 app from Microsoft Store.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes