Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa and bluetooth GPS

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have Versa over weeks and my same running lap is lose some km every time. I use Versa and Sony Z5 Compact. Today i try run only with Huawei P10 Lite (i try to connect Versa gps but Huawei did not allow location).

Same lap but Versa lose km. Is it this problem, that Sony is connected with Versa+JBL bluetooth headphones?

Should i try next time connect Sony with Versa and Versa connect with JBL bluetooth headphones (music from phone to headphones over Versa does not work and i should load some music into Versa when i connect headphones with Versa?

Phone GPS with VersaPhone GPS with VersaPhone GPSPhone GPS

iphone 13 mini, Oneplus 8, Versa 3 | Retired: Flex (2x), Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa SE
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@urmoluts Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry to hear that your distance isn't showing correctly on your app. Your phone doesn't show as a compatible device and there are known issues with some lite versions of Huawei devices so this could explain why you could use the GPS on the Huawei 10 lite phone. Try removing all devices from your phone's bluetooth settings then restart your phone and restart your Versa by doing the following:

1.- Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
2.- Let go of the buttons.
3.- If your Fitbit watch doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again. 

Remember that tall buildings and trees added to weather factors (like a cloudy day) may affect the GPS signal received by your phone. Also using your bluetooth headphones or playing music from your phone or Versa shouldn't affect your gps link with your phone but you can try as you suggested.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@urmoluts Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry to hear that your distance isn't showing correctly on your app. Your phone doesn't show as a compatible device and there are known issues with some lite versions of Huawei devices so this could explain why you could use the GPS on the Huawei 10 lite phone. Try removing all devices from your phone's bluetooth settings then restart your phone and restart your Versa by doing the following:

1.- Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
2.- Let go of the buttons.
3.- If your Fitbit watch doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again. 

Remember that tall buildings and trees added to weather factors (like a cloudy day) may affect the GPS signal received by your phone. Also using your bluetooth headphones or playing music from your phone or Versa shouldn't affect your gps link with your phone but you can try as you suggested.

Let me know how it goes!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

because i did not get huawei p10 lite work with versa. i notice that versa needs regulary restart if you like to use gps propertly on map.

yesterday i run with sony z5 compact and versa works with phone. 

iphone 13 mini, Oneplus 8, Versa 3 | Retired: Flex (2x), Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa SE
Best Answer

@urmoluts sorry for the delay in my reply. Thank you so much for the update and for the additional information regarding your Sony Z5 compact compatibility as this may help other members in the same situation. Glad to hear that this phone is working for you and hope it helps with your daily activities.

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes