Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa battery draining quickly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. Just wondering how I might go about resolving a battery issue with my Versa. Had the versa for a couple of years with no issue and suddenly my battery now drains within a matter of hours in one day. I have changed settinga such as changing to manual for checking stats and a dim light and turning off step reminders but it still drains super quick. I literally only use this watch for a step count and active minutes, nothing else really, I have no music or wallet or any connection to messages etc.

Is there a way to test the battery to see if it's faulty? 

Best Answer
99 REPLIES 99

I have the original Versa. 

This is for anyone, 

Could it be caused by the most recent iOS update? I always have problems after every update. 

Another thing, it seems the Sense model is what Fitbit is developing all their Premium functions for like sleep stats and spO. Have they just stopped supporting the early Versa models?  I agree it may be time for an Apple watch it's just too expensive for me on my disability benefits. My daughter changed to Apple Watch and loves it! 

Fitbit needs to find out the problem, asap! 

Thanks! 

Best Answer

So I received the email from Fitbit saying my watch is out of warranty and they would give me 35% off for a new one. I’m very disappointed as this one I have less than a year as fitbit replaced after an issue. If anyone have any other outcome with this, let us know. 

Best Answer

I’m in the same boat.  Thursday everything was fine, and my battery was charged to 100% with no issues.  Yesterday, I had to charge my Versa 2 again. This morning, when I woke up. my battery was at 16%, I charged it again and it drained to 6%.  After a second full charge, the battery drained to 20%.  This battery drain happens fast (2-3 hours).  This is my third time charging it today.  My versa has spent more time on the charger than it has on my wrist.  I haven't done anything different on my end so I know that the problem isn't me.  It's pretty strange that so many people are having the same issue, and that the problems started happening all around the same time.  I wonder if there was some kind of update because I always have problems after an update.  It is frustrating that this is happening and that Fitbit is staying silent about the issue.  Of course their solution to everything is to just restart/reset your fitbit.    

Best Answer

Hi everyone, I posted on the Fitbit Facebook page as this was the only way I could think of to get a decent response 

If we all post, maybe Fitbit will do something? 

Worth a try may be?

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://www.facebook.com/FitbitAU/  This is the Facebook page I wrote the post on .

Perhaps if we all hit the page, or national equivalent, they might respond?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing has happened to me. Charged it last night and woke up with it at 20%. 
Then have charged again to 100% this morning and it dropped to 90% in less than 10 minutes. 

I can’t figure out how to contact Fitbit support. In the past I’ve been able to email them but being in Australia the phone line and chat service don’t link up to when I can actually contact them. 

I look forward to seeing what resolution Fitbit gives as it’s obviously not to do with the device if we’ve all found the problem at the same time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa 2 baterrry life started to act weird for the whole past week, draining off way faster than ir would normally do.

As well for the oast 4days it does not synchronize with app, have restarted and still not access the app and no access to my sleeping pattern rhat is important. 

I am very disappointed as I have been having versa only for a year! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit have just responded to my Facebook post and asked me to PM them my account name so they can investigate. 🤞🏻

Best Answer

I too is wondering from today morning about battery drain of my versa,which I bought some 20 months back.It suddenly drains to 22% from 80% .Again I charged it upto 100% but it drops to 25% within 3/4 hours of no activity.Also watch is behaving uncontrollably. There was update 3 days ago.

Best Answer

Same is happening with me after 16 months with versa 2. Have to charge it every 18 hours or so.

Best Answer

I will try that . Thank you. Having same issues

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too was having the same problem. Someone recommended turning off your Bluetooth and sync manually. I turned off my Bluetooth and now my versa battery is not draining quickly. Hope this helps and they get an update soon! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wonder if Fitbit is collecting tracking information, causing battery
drain?--

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
Don’t know but support lady could see the sudden change in battery/charging. 

Sent from Rogers Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Melissa220 I’m not following what you mean. Are you saying to turn off Bluetooth and then just turn it back on when you’re ready to sync? I don’t have auto-sync turned on but I do have Bluetooth connected to my phone. I have to go into the Fitbit app and refresh manually to sync though. My battery problem started over the weekend. 

also, anyone know if are we not able to open a ticket online anymore? I can only find the option to call them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started over the weekend too. On my phone settings I shut off my Bluetooth completely and when I want to sync I turn my Bluetooth back on in my phones settings.  Short term fix til FitBit gets this straightened out. Hope this helps! 

Best Answer

Interesting. I spoke to customer service this morning and they said there isn’t any updates. I was told it’s a battery issue. They just offered me 35% off a new Fitbit. Three in five years is enough. There’s obviously something wrong on there end for so many of us to have the same issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Got Alexa working. Had to uninstall fitbit app and reinstall. Battery is still draining though. Was fully charged at 10 am and now it is 19%!!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you. I had to uninstall/reinstall fitbit app to get Alexa working again but battery is still draining really fast. My settings are all on minimal battery draining settings Still no response from FITBIT.

Best Answer
Thank you. They havnt got back to me yet, Have been researching Apple and will buy one if FITBIT cant find the time to get back to me.

Best Answer