Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa battery is draining quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa is constantly needing to be charged.  I used to get about 4 days out of it but now have to charge every night or sometimes twice a day.

Wondering if it's time to buy a new one?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @schutz5. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa. @Guy_ Thank you so much for your help!

Keep in mind that your Versa was designed to last 6+ days, but this also depends on how frequently you use all the features of your watch. Said that, I recommend charging your Fitbit watch with a USB port from a computer or a UL-certified outlet into the wall and then turn off all the features that you don’t use that much.

After following the above suggestion, please check this help article for more tips and recommendations. Additionally, please make sure that your Versa is up-to-date. For more information, see How do I update my Fitbit device?

I've moved your post to the Other Versa Smartwatches board for organization purposes. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @schutz5  - what model watch do you have?

If battery life has suddenly got bad it may be due to features use or a fault, such as water getting in.

If it gets hot when charging, stop immediately, it is a symptom of water inside and you may be able to confirm condensation in the sensor windows on the back using a magnifying glass.

But first restart the watch - How do I restart my Fitbit device? 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi there, @schutz5. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa. @Guy_ Thank you so much for your help!

Keep in mind that your Versa was designed to last 6+ days, but this also depends on how frequently you use all the features of your watch. Said that, I recommend charging your Fitbit watch with a USB port from a computer or a UL-certified outlet into the wall and then turn off all the features that you don’t use that much.

After following the above suggestion, please check this help article for more tips and recommendations. Additionally, please make sure that your Versa is up-to-date. For more information, see How do I update my Fitbit device?

I've moved your post to the Other Versa Smartwatches board for organization purposes. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this issue a while ago. I updated the firmware and it fixed the issue. My guess was it was spending energy trying to communicate with my phone to finish an update

Best Answer

Hi DaisyKate

Can you tell me how to update my firmware?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it's a Versa 3.  I have just cleaned the charge points etc. Will see if that helps.  

Best Answer
0 Votes