Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa battery lasts only two days

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa is not yet one year old and the battery now lasts only two days. I have not changed any settings that would drain the battery. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@GrapeApe2728 If it does not help, please perform a factory reset (restoring tracker to factory defaults). You might have to perform it several times. I saw a few cases that after 2nd or 3rd factory reset it righted itself. Before factory reset, make sure you have deleted versa your phone's Bluetooth settings (not Fitbit app). To perform factory reset, open settings app on you Versa and scroll down to About. Tap it and choose factory reset. This will wipe all data from your tracker so it would be good if you could sync it first. If you're unable to use the screen, please try performing the factory reset using the buttons:

1. Press and hold all 3 buttons until Fitbit logo appears (this may take up to 3 minutes
  2. Release the bottom right button
  3. Wait until you feel strong vibration and release the other buttons.
  4. You may need to attempt the reset a few times to find the optimal times. Trying holding the buttons longer, as long as it's needed for the vibration to appear.

After factory reset you will need to set up your versa again by adding a replacement device in your Fitbit mobile app. You can set up the watch back to the Fitbit account by following the instructions on this link: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

If you're not successful with the factory reset, I am afraid you will need to reach out to Customer Support to guide you through the next steps. Here's the link to Customer Support page.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

@GrapeApe2728 Have you installed any 3rd party apps or clockfaces? Have you rebooted your tracker several times?

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve only installed clocks on the app that are free. It’s not been a problem before. Yes, I’ve restarted it several times. I’ve uninstalled the clock faces. I’ll see if that helps. Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GrapeApe2728 If it does not help, please perform a factory reset (restoring tracker to factory defaults). You might have to perform it several times. I saw a few cases that after 2nd or 3rd factory reset it righted itself. Before factory reset, make sure you have deleted versa your phone's Bluetooth settings (not Fitbit app). To perform factory reset, open settings app on you Versa and scroll down to About. Tap it and choose factory reset. This will wipe all data from your tracker so it would be good if you could sync it first. If you're unable to use the screen, please try performing the factory reset using the buttons:

1. Press and hold all 3 buttons until Fitbit logo appears (this may take up to 3 minutes
  2. Release the bottom right button
  3. Wait until you feel strong vibration and release the other buttons.
  4. You may need to attempt the reset a few times to find the optimal times. Trying holding the buttons longer, as long as it's needed for the vibration to appear.

After factory reset you will need to set up your versa again by adding a replacement device in your Fitbit mobile app. You can set up the watch back to the Fitbit account by following the instructions on this link: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

If you're not successful with the factory reset, I am afraid you will need to reach out to Customer Support to guide you through the next steps. Here's the link to Customer Support page.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Versa 2. It is about 2 weeks old, and needs to be charged every, or every second day. Surprised me how often.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Erkka It shouldn't. If you do not have any 3rd party clockfaces/apps installed, try performing a factory reset.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you I will perform a factory reset. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I turned off the All-Time display, and now battery last little longer, about 2-3 days.

Ystävällisin terveisin,
Eero Laaksonen
eero59.laaksonen@outlook.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Erkka Yes, the all-time display drains a lot, but still you should get more than 2 days. Please see my post above.

@GrapeApe2728 Let me know how it went. 😄

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks I’ve never had it on all time display. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will let you know thanks. Just finished setting it up after factory reset, I had not altered any settings before this happened so I’m hoping this helps. I only have two Fitbit clock faces, no third party, we’ll see! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hasn’t gone well. Battery died in the middle of the night last night, and went down 40% in 10 hours today.  I’ll try again, then contact customer support. Thanks for your help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well it’s worse now lol. I’ve done a factory reset twice and the battery lasts about 19 hours. I’ll contact customer service. 

Best Answer
0 Votes