Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa black screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My screen is not working, everything else is like the vibrations and that little green light at the back. But the screen doesn’t do anything when I touch it or when I touch a button. Even when I charge it it doesn’t react does anybody know what to do?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
194 REPLIES 194

Mine went black tonight. I tried following instructions on line and nothing helped. I tried holding all 3 buttons down for 10 seconds and it rebooted. I'm back in business now.

Best Answer

It happened to me too. I called Versa and they basically told me to through it in the garbage. The watch last one year and two month. So I am letting $260 to go away. Totally ridiculous that they don't give me solution. Just a garbage discount. Very disappointed. 

Best Answer

I found that holding all 3 buttons down together for 10 seconds rebooted the watch. Mine's working again.

Alan

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
Thank you for your help. I tried but still nothing..
Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked but charging from dead battery is no fun

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happened to me also 

Best Answer

Same here and they offer me a 35% off of a new watch with no real solution. I’ve tried the auto reset as well and nothing. The rep said that it was screen. I personally did nothing to screen. It just went blank after saying that it needed to charge. So frustrating! The green light and when people calls still work and vibrates. It is just a blank screen. 

Best Answer

I am on my 3rd warranty replacement Fitbit. All 3 broke the same way (the first one after 2 months, the last two lasted 10 months each). The screens just went black out of nowhere and nothing would fix it. I tried charging it, plugging it into my computer, holding down the button. I take excellent care of them too. It's really frustrating that this seems to be a common problem and this model Fitbit is still being sold. 

Best Answer

Been through all the phases already with my fitbit, blackscreen for a while, not connecting to my phone for months, lines on the screen, white screen, black screen, not tracking, no notifications.... and finally the permanent black screen, I work otherwise but you can't see anything.... 

Absolutely a horrible piece of hardware, not buying anything again from this brand and discouraging all my acquaintances to do so 🙈

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too. Charged to 100%, all vibrations work for notifications but still black screen. I am so mad!

Best Answer

My versa also went blank screen.   At first,. I thought it was the battery but the app still communicates with the watch.  Why fitbit has no explanation despite countless people are having this same incident?  I love my versa especially its app but am afraid that same thing might happen so I switched to Huawei magic watch 2 and I can say it's also a great smart watch.

I also own a mi band which i bought 2 years before my versa and still working fine.  I was a bit disappointed that my fitbit died sooner than it should be.

Best Answer

For those still following this post, there are some tips to try earlier in the thread about trying to get the watch to communicate with the app, changing the watch face to a standard one, etc. None of those worked for me, my watch was fried. I started wearing my 4 year old Pebble again.

After assessing the lackluster responses from Fitbit to resolve - offer of 25% off watch on their website where prices are WAY over market, I began doing my research. I took into account overall offerings from Fitbit, Garmin and others. I asked friends. I assessed my company health program which offers a rebate to purchase a fitness watch. And I looked at sales on various websites like Amazon.

During Amazon prime day (early October), I purchased a Garmin Vivoactive 4 with an extended warranty. My company's health plan reimbursed the $200 cost, which was fantastic. It's been a reliable device, no issues during updates, and even though I miss some of the Fitbit fitness data, I am happy with Garmin. There is "life after Fitbit". Users should not be forced to accept whatever Fitbit offers. Explore your own options and make your own decisions.

Best Answer

Bought my Versa May 2019, it suddenly went on black screen after receiving a call..i contacted support and since it is out of warranty I do not see any option to have it repaired..need help on how to fix this as I would want to get my money’s worth for this device.

i thought this device can last yrs but seems it only gave me over a yr just after the warranty is elapsed for this to act out.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Best Answer

What they told me is that it is a defect and they were going to check the warranty of it. Unfortunately, my warranty has expired so they can’t replace mine. 😢 They gave me a discount code for 35% off a new one if I order it within the next 30 days. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for sharing what you're experiencing with your Versa smartwatch. I see where your frustration is coming from. 

If your Versa has a black screen, try restarting it. In case, it wasn't fully charged before you experienced this, try fully charging it. If after trying the troubleshooting mentioned, you're still experiencing difficulties, contact our Support team, they'll be happy to assist you. 

Note that our team provides options based in the Fitbit Warranty. As of right now, this thread will be closed, feel free to create a new thread if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer