Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa button isn't working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I first noticed yesterday that the back button wouldn't work and so I have tried several things to restart my Versa and even disconnected it from my phone and restarted both several times. Not the back button may work 10% of the time but my watch will freak out and bounce back and forth from my watch face to the setting options (screen wake/notifications) and I can get out of that screen until it decides to on it's own and then it bounces back and forth between the two 😕

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115
I had to contact customer service for my issue. It is being replaced but I
am still waiting for it to arrive
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am taking back to where will brought from and they are going to replace it

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I am having this same issue and it just started. I have had my fitbit for 2 months with 0 problems. I have tried shutting down, cleaning, restarting, etc. unpairing/pairing. Anything I can think and I keep getting the random settings coming up and saying it should be paired. And now my bakc button wont work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem my back or home button just doesn't work. I hear and feel the button click but no response. I was swimming in a pool with it and when I got out it lost its mind. Buzzing, going back and forth from the home screen to the notification screen. It doesn't work the same now.

There is not dust or dirt. The button just doesn't work. I tried reseting mine and now I am stuck on the hold left button for shortcuts into portion. Someone need's to fix this as it has been a problem for a large amount of people. The queries prove just that. I would like to know how to properly fix this issue or, receive a replacement. This is outrageous. 

Moderator edit: updated post.

Best Answer
Contact Fitbit directly!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same iaaue. I have tried cleaning the back button with a toothpick and restarting with the back and bottom button several times.  Nothing has worked to fix the problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @RachelRelyea@CrochetKing01@Natalie15987! I apologize for the delayed response and will be glad to assist you with your Versa button inquiry.

@RachelRelyea, and @Natalie15987, thank you for mentioning all the steps you have followed in order to correct this situation. I got in touch with our support team and they told me that they are already assisting you. Please let me know how it goes.

@CrochetKing01, thank you for describing the steps you have followed in order to resolve this. I went ahead and created a case on your behalf and  a Customer support representative will contact you soon.

@kdaxtman, thank you for your advise. Woman Wink

I'll be here in case you have more questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! My new fitbit is on the way

Moderator edit: removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa's back button not working/can't restart or go back and green light not flushing/ HR not working, please assist 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes they did. Thank you!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Nomuun. I'll be glad to assist you with your Versa's back button inquiry. Thank you for letting us know that you have already have tried restarting your device.

Could you please clean around the button with a toothbrush or canned air? Also, you can check help article Why don't I see my heart rate on my Fitbit device? Please let me know how it goes. 

I'm glad you received assistance @Natalie15987Woman Wink

Keep on visiting the forums.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit has been acting the same way for weeks. I've reset it deleted the app. Got it working, kinda. Then all of a sudden I can't reset at all, hook up to my Bluetooth. It just stays on the "download fitbit" screen and apparently I can't do anything. This is not the second fitbit product that has stopped working on me. I'm upset.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would recommend contacting Fitbit directly! They might send you a replacement!
Kate
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @Kcrego. I'll be glad to assist you with your Fitbit inquiry. Thank you for letting us know all the steps you have followed.

Could you please let  me know if the button of your Versa isn't working or if you're experiencing syncing issues? Please change your charging source and let me know if the situation persists.

Thank you for your advise @kdaxtman

Best Answer
0 Votes
The left button does not work whatsoever. I got it to sync after coming back to it. Got stuck in the "how too" phase with the button at "short cuts."
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for the clarification @Kcrego

I went ahead and created a case on your behalf and a customer support representative will contact you soon. Please check your email. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having exactly the same problem after swimming in a pool.  This is my second versa being a replacement when the first versa lost its heart rate ability after swimming with it.  They are sending me a replacement even though it is 10 days out of my original warranty and told me there will be no warranty on this versa.  I was so excited that fitbit had a unit that tracked my heart rate and was waterproof for swimming when I got the original unit last May.  I guess when this one goes down, which if they don't want to warrant it means they don't have faith in it,  I will be looking at an apple watch or fossil tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! Another one here with the same issue of the back button not working. Area around it seems to be clean (have used a tooth pick and blown on it). Tried a reset which hasn't worked. It still tracks and logs all my data which is brilliant, just this dang button which wont seem to work. Look forward to hearing if there's any other tips or tricks! or if i just need to contact fit bit directly.

Thanks for you help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up contacting Fitbit and I was 5 days out of warranty. They replaced my versa telling me that the new one wouldn’t be under warranty. This is my 3 rd versa in just over a year, I don’t wear it in the pool which was one of the reasons I bought it. I am debating getting an Apple Watch since they have dropped in price and give the versa to non swim friends

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes