Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa counting so many steps while driving

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I waited patiently for the Versa. I drive a large golf cart at a zoo. My first day driving I was given 17,000 steps!!! I had a chat with Fitbit team and was given instructions to change the settings when driving!! No thank you!! My old Fitbit Charge did not have this issue. Back to the drawing board please Fitbit. It’s no small investment for a Versa that I need to manage and who wants to remember to change the settings when you are in and out of a “cart” or any other bumpy vehicle? It’s going back.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

Well, I think I am completely weaned from Fitbit now. In addition to this issue, I recently had the screen separate from the case, which is apparently another thing that Fitbit is aware of, but doing nothing about. I really wonder how long the company will stay in business, with this level of quality control and customer service. I now wear a Garmin watch, which so far I am very happy with.

Best Answer

After pestering Fitbit by phone for several weeks and exhausting all of their suggestions, they are now sending me a replacement Fitbit.

I’m rather dubious it’s going to be any different to the one I’m wearing which works fine when not driving RV.  

I think it’s a common software fault.  I will report back soon once I’ve received and tested it.

Best Answer

How did you pester them? By phone? I hate my Fitbit because I travel and my Fitbit steps are always wrong 😫

I think I’m returning it. 

Ll
Best Answer
Great. Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys! My apologies for the delay in responding, I'm happy to continue providing assistance. Welcome aboard @endorn24. Also, I'm happy to see you participating again @Slabba @isladeiona @Mpeters82.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience with me, the information and feedback that was provided in your posts are appreciated. For any inquiry related to our warranty policies, I recommend you guys to check them in full here. Fitbit is always striving to improve, therefore, your posts are appreciated for us to evaluate our procedures.

I'll be here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I work at Toyota and I drive conveyance on a forktruck, first day having the versa 2 and I'm already at 11k steps and I still have 3 hrs to go on my shift sadly though I've seen many times over that's it's been tested for driving and only will miscount on overly bumpy conditions we have really even floors and must only be road vehicles I know I have at most maybe 500 steps if you drive a forktruck you may as well give up wearing your watch on your left hand and as my name suggest it's a bit annoying for me to wear it on my non  dominant hand(right) and even then it logged in 2k steps so it's not a solution. Also anything seems to require going into the phone app to fix miscounted steps/floors / calories burned which I cannot do since phones aren't allowed while you drive and kinda defeats the purpose of wanting a device that is not suppose to require your phone to be on you, anyways to all forklift drivers out there and as well as golf cart drivers ( saw a thread a guy had he drove one at his job at the zoo) this device will prob not meet your expectations unless of course there's a pause option to steps you can quick access through the versa itself ? Haven't found it lmk if there is one 

Best Answer

Lucky you, you can at least return it. We dont have that option in India

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any policy to return fitbit vera in a country like India. The product is not serving its purpose and I dont like it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately this is not the place for you to get an answer my friend.  They laughably marked this thread as solved so likely ignore any follow up posts in here.  I switched to the Ionic and didn't have any more issues.  I didnt have issues with the Blaze before that so hopefully this was a one time mistake.  It will make me think twice about getting a Fitbit  though when it is time to upgrade again.

Best Answer

My versa 2 is giving me steps when i ride. Not driving. On public roads. When i fish when im riding in boat. Cooking. So i dont know when im getting steps in. If it logs every movement

Best Answer
Unfortunately I gave it up because of it's false tracking.
Best Answer

Send it back! It doesn’t get any better, I had the same problem but I didn’t realize that you can’t send it back after 60 days. 

Ll
Best Answer

I plan on sending mine back also.

It's complete fabrication on steps and calories.

Total waste of money.

I'm so disappointed in Fitbit. I spent money that I didn't have to purchase a Fitbit at my cardiologist recommendation.

after seeing that I walked over a half mile in my sleep I decided that it's just a gimmick..... No true accuracy and no true help do a heart patient.

Thanks for ripping me off Fitbit.

Shame on you

Best Answer

It will still grossly overstate your steps.

It's just junk......

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thinking about it
Best Answer
0 Votes

You are saying to restart your Fitbit after driving? Sounds like a HUGE waste of time for users.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best thing to do is push for a refund. I got sent a replacement and that too counted steps and distance I never did.
Don’t let them fob you off. Item is simply not fit for purpose .

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer

my Versa 2 counts over 10,000 steps daily while driving. I wake up for the day and have a 1000 steps, I don't sleep walk. The recommended App is not available. I will never own a Fitbit again. Will buy Samsung next .

Best Answer
0 Votes

What you are demonstrating is definitely not normal. You may proceed by resetting the watch once and pair again.

If it persists, you should be able to replace the watch. Fitbit is very cooperative in this section of the business.

I dont know how samsung or others do it. but in my experience, FITBIT has a learning curve to its sensitivity and when you log your driving manually once or twice, it starts getting all better.

I have been using versa for 2 years now and i donot face this problem of extra steps at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Send it back, it’s not fit for purpose.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes