Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa display corrupted

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa experience was positive until this weekend. My Versa started acting up this wedding weekend when it would have been wonderful to have to keep track of notifications and messages.

Instead my Versa now has the dreaded dead screen, but syncing was working. I took it off on Friday night and left it off until today on 9/26/2018. After letting it totally discharge I connected it to the charger. I was able to get the screen to show up and was completely excited as I live by my Versa, that was at 8 AM. Well that lasted for only two hours and by 10 AM I was back in the same boat. Screen went dead. I tried all the tricks that have been posted by people and tech support. That didn't work and now when I attempt to do them the screen goes multicolored and lines all over the screen. The fixes do not work. 

Now what to do? Do I go through Fitbit or Target? While I like the Versa, I am seeing a major problem with it. Do I move to the Ionic with Target? Should I give the Versa a change through Fitbit? Even more, should I just abandon Fitbit and go with another brand? I am torn.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hey @Timothy_H, welcome to the Community.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself. Upon checking with our support team, I was told that you have already created a case with them. I know that our team will be glad to help you out and provide you with a solution.

Let me know if you need anything else. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are 100% correct that the team made me talk to them twice before I got a completion to the case. I now have a new Versa on its way. Awesome, but what happens when it fails again. If there havent been changes made to the design of the Versa then this will happen again. When I drop 200 bucks on something, I expect for it to last longer than 5 months. 

Thank you for replying, but I have not seen this issue being addressed from any FitBit response, which is a bit bothersome. 

As for why I posted, as a community effort I was trying to get opinion on different solutions.  

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @Timothy_H.

It's great to know that you will be receiving a replacement, at the moment of having it, you just need to follow the instructions provide in the help article How do I set up my Fitbit device? to set it up.

Regarding your inquiry, we are not sure what might have caused this, but we would expect this to be a one glitch.

Keep the stepping up! Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes