Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa firmware update process not updating version

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought Fit Versa from Amazon, once I installed the app and update the first update, it bring me back to the main screen and the Update Center says there is a firmware update. I click it and it say updating software, once finished the Firmware number DO NOT CHANGE its the same number 32.71.6.19, and the Update Center once again says their is an update, and I go threw the process again. but again the Firmware number is the same. It seems like I'm stuck in a UPDATE loop. Anyone can figure out what is going that would be great. If not I'm returning the watch back and just get a different watch. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @ilie2k00, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared in your post, I totally understand how frustrating this situation can be for you and even more if you completed the firmware update process several times, your patience is appreciated. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know which phone are you using with your new Versa? Do you receive any error message while updating the firmware version? In the meantime I receive your answers, please restart your Versa, troubleshoot the Fitbit app with the below steps and let me know if the issue persists:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the OS version is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I tried to Factory Reset the device I get an error, where it says ,"Device did not reset, Sync and Try again,"  I cant show down the watch after that, because there is big red X with that error. The phone I am using is Samsung Note 10(update to Android 10 last security patch was in August 1 2020),  the FITBT app is from the Google Play store the app says it was last updated Sep 14 2020,  I think it maybe a defected watch so I am sending it back to Amazon to get the Versa two. Put if the same problem happens, then I know its the FitBit watch itself and i'll just stick to Samsung or Garmin. 

Best Answer
0 Votes