Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa heart rate sensor not working properly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My bpm is not working. I’ve tried turning it off and on in settings, resetting and  cleaning the back with alcohol. Nothing worked. The lights on the back are not lit up as they were before. Help please

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and label

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hi Fitbit Community I wonder if you could help me?

My bpm won't calculate. it is just blank

--BPM - is what is displayed.

I've cleaned the sensor, shut it down restarted & tried factory reset numerous times & its still not working.

The green light on the back is shining to show that its working.

Other than this the Fitbit works perfectly fine.

Tried browsing all the FAQ and help documents online, Nothing helps.

Please help me get past this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've followed all of the instructions and reset the watch numerous times. The heart rate monitor is still not working. It was all set up yesterday and still isn't working. Help please!!! Becoming incredibly frustrated with my first ever fitbit!! 

Best Answer

usually keep my versa topped up, but after a full discharge and recharge cycle, HR LED's no longer activate. tried enabling/disabling HR, and i'm going to try a few reset cycles (PITA). 

i've learned from past fitbit models that a discharge can be a crap shoot (same thing pretty much killed my OG flex and my charge 2), but a) sometimes it is unavoidable, and b) i would hope that devices would have improved. 

bummer!

I'll update if i figure out a way to resuscitate it.

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Welcome to the forums. It's great to have you here and I'm sorry for the delayed response.

@Wayvon and @Pparkale, thanks for troubleshooting your watches and sharing more details about its behavior. You did a good job and because the heart rate sensor is still not working, I went ahead to contact our Support team and I was told that you already have a case created with them. It seems they're providing you with assistance, so make sure to keep an open communication with them.

@KirstyWT and @tphi, thanks for bringing this to my attention, as well for the steps tried. I see where you're coming from and I'm sorry that the heart rate sensor stopped working. Even though you've tried troubleshooting your watches, please give one last try to the following steps:

1. On your watch, swipe to the right, tap on settings and turn off the heart rate settings.
  2. Restart your watch as described in this help article.
  3. Turn back on the heart rate settings on your watch.
  4. Put your watch on your wrist and wait a few minutes to get a heart rate reading. Make sure your watch is snug on your wrist, meaning not to tight or loose.

I'll be around, let me know the outcome.

Best Answer

Thank you for the additional tip. I had already tried all of the other suggestions mentioned by others - turning the heart rate function off and on, restarting, shutting down. I just tried your tip hoping for success, but alas, it still doesn’t work. What now?

Best Answer

Please count me in on this thread. I’ve tried everything as well. No lights on the back, no heart rate tracking. So frustrated. 

Best Answer

I too am having this issue. I’ve rebooted, and did most all of the other steps as well. No green light on back and now not recording steps...

Best Answer

I just started experiencing this yesterday, as well.

I have tried resetting the Fitbit. I have let the battery die and completely recharged it. I have tried the hard reset. I've tried resetting my phone and reinstalling the Fitbit app. I tried the setting option of turning off my heart rate info and turning it back on. I've tried multiple combinations of all of these steps.

Yesterday, my BPM was frozen on 58, which I knew wasn't correct because I was out in 95 degree heat, helping a friend move. When i reset it this morning, it became completely blank. There is no light on the back sensor, at any point since I've tried troubleshooting.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide. I've had the Fitbit for just over 1 year.

Best Answer

Hi, followed your instructions but my heart rate monitor is still not working. It just says 'null'.....arghhhh! Help please!!

Best Answer

Same problem here. Since yesterday no hart rate. (After a swim 🤔) Tried everything of the suggestions. Last option: rebooting, nothing changed. Please help?! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to settings on Versa, turn heart rate to “off”, go to app, sync Versa to app, go back to settings, turn heart rate to “on”, then sync again. See if that works? 

I’d literally tried every single fix, and the above got my light going, but still wasn’t registering heart rate. 

I have about 4 months left of my warranty so I contacted customer service and after a long troubleshooting with them, I’m being sent a new unit. 

Happy with the way FitBit handled the situation, not happy that after less than a year this happened. Seems I’m not the only one either, which is sad to see...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried everything, now versa is shut down completely! Can't charge, can't restart! What now??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the BPM not showing problem also, and just noticed that the back of my versa second rectangle is constant green and looks to be missing the small clear cover for the light/sensor. Anyone encounter this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all options noted here and others read elsewhere! Latest thing is that it is not counting steps. Mine is only 1yr old! Mine was a gift and my husband doesn’t remember if he got the warranty. Help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the advice. I tried a factory reset while chatting to someone at
fitbit but it hasn't worked either. I got this fitbit last September, so
really disappointed too. I'm hoping they will replace it.
Thanks Lorna
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's good to see you participating in the forums and welcome to our new members.

@tynlynne@klcmspt@JeremyThompson@Kimtje and @MEP22, thanks for the information provided as well for the time taken to troubleshoot your watch. Because the heart rate sensor is still not working, I've gone ahead and requested a case on your behalf so you can receive further assistance. Please note that due to recent events affecting our operations there might be a delay in their reply, but they'll get in touch with you soon.

@KatieA1229 and @Lornaclarke69, thanks for sharing your thoughts about this situation and for the steps tried on your own. I've been informed by our Support team that your cases are on their hands and they'll continue working with you via email.

Feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Answer

My husband has done everything they have listed as well as what your article shows. 
Heart rate and nightly score still isn’t working after a week of trying. He may not replaced it cause he is so over his Versa 2

Best Answer

Hi @Jholt7379. It's good to see you here.

Thanks for joining this thread, and for every troubleshooting step tried on your own. I understand where you're coming from and because the issue with your Versa 2 persists, I'd recommend contacting our Support team so they can evaluate your options and see what can be done to bring you back on track. They're available via chat and phone, just click here to get connected with them.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes