Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa inaccurate, apps not syncing, Bluetooth dropping out

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi guys, 

I'm new here and as a Fitbit user, I bought a Versa yesterday. Unfortunately, my excitement has dropped after the first day of use. 

1.) No water intake tracking app (tired Water Logged and Ionic Water) seems to work. I was hoping for an app that reminds me of drinking more but also syncs the intake with my Fitbit dashboard, but both functions don't work. 

2.) The steps tracking seems incredible inaccurate. I have read about this issue in many threads here, which are partly quite old, and I wonder if this will be fixed by an update very shortly? 

3.) While I was exercising (just walk), the Bluetooth connection was interrupted most of the time and I had to manually sync it after the exercise. This is no drama, however, since the Versa requires you to have your phone on you at all times, the very least I would expect is that it syncs smoothly all the time. 

My battery is already down to 50% also, though this might be due to a lot of 'trying around' yesterday... 

I'm now wondering if I should exchange it for a Charge 2. Does the Charge use other sensors and might be more accurate? Especially since the apps are not providing what I was hoping for, I'm thinking the Charge might be sufficient for my purposes and would be less bulky.  

Any thoughts? 

Regards, 

Sans

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I find the step tracking on my Versa very accurate. What makes you think yours is not? I initially felt mine was overcounting by a lot but after doing many step tests and comparrison to a body worn tracker that I know is accurate I found it does actually count very well. The onlybthings it overcounts are false steps when I cycle and false steps when I drive over bumpy roads.

As far as the bluetooth issue goes - what phone are you using? You dont actually have to have your phone with you for the Versa to work - only if you are using GPS. I frequently dont have mine with me.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I actually counted my steps for a few meters while I was walking my dog and it didn't align with the watch (watch counted too many, but irregular). Also, I has about 120 steps before I even got out of bed this morning. Over 400 only after a shower. Just doesn't seem right. Smiley Indifferent However, since it's my very first fitness tracker, I don't have anything to compare it to. 

My phone is a Motorola Moto G5S Plus. 

Best Answer
0 Votes