Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa is not tracking steps accurately

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just purchased the fit bit versa 2, I have only had it a day and the steps seem to be waayyy off! I woke up and walked to the bathroom and back, went back to sleep and it shows 204 steps..which it is about 15 steps. The heart rate seems to be showing too high aswell. I’m wondering if anyone else is having the same problem and I’m worried I’m going to have to send it back 😞

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Meganwitx welcome to our Fitbit Community! By the way, I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'm happy to assist you with your Fitbit Versa 2 since it's tracking extra steps.

I'd like you to restart your Versa 2 as described in this help article. This will refresh your watch internally. After this, monitor your steps during the next 24 hours and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. However, I have tried all options and settings, but it is still over counting and the heart rate is still too high. I have been emailing customer support, they suggested some things that I tried, and it still hasn’t worked, so I’m wondering if it’s just a faulty one? As I bought it to help with fitness but if it’s not accurate, it’s not helping. I will maybe have to send it back.

Thanks

Megan
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Meganwitx thank you for getting back and trying the recommended troubleshooting steps.

Since the issue persists after exhausting the troubleshooting steps I shared, please reply to the email that our Support team sent you and they will be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly.

I'll be around if any questions.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes