Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa keep switching off.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Despite battery being fully charged my Versa keeps switching off and losing time. I then have to resync to correct the time and any steps during the shutdown are not recorded. Any ideas why?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@sean2306 I would recommend doing a factory reset (some would say to just restart it first, but it's ALREADY restarting) from the Settings/ About app. If that doesn't work, it's defective and you should contact support. If they recommend a replacement, I would try to get one from whomever you bought from if not Fitbit first. In most cases, their replacement process is an extended nightmare.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@sean2306 I would recommend doing a factory reset (some would say to just restart it first, but it's ALREADY restarting) from the Settings/ About app. If that doesn't work, it's defective and you should contact support. If they recommend a replacement, I would try to get one from whomever you bought from if not Fitbit first. In most cases, their replacement process is an extended nightmare.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I saw your post and wondered if the factory reset had worked because mine is doing the same thing. 

Thanks Becky 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Bex_chiz. You should not have to do a factory reset. But a simple restart may help. Please do it a couple times, then let us know if it helps.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa is also turning off multiple times a day.  Some days not at all and other days 3 or 4 times.  I can turn it back on with a the simple reset.  I only notice it has turned off when I go to check the time or get a phone call and it does not notify me.  I then have to go into the app to update and get the time and other information updated and correct.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok thanks I'll give it a try. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did this work for you?  My versa is continuing to randomly shut off even when fully charged.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
No it didn't work, it won't turn on at all! I would recommend contacting Fitbit customer services directly before attempting a factory reset.
Becky
Best Answer
0 Votes

i should add that it was after a factory reset that it wouldn't turn on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is shutting down and now losing time. I can’t find the link for support. I’m so frustrated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called the 800 number in the contact us area.  I have isolated the issue to determine it only shuts down in my car.  It is something to do with the versa and my cars Bluetooth.  Once I turn the versa back on I have to update with the app (swiping down from the dashboard) and it updates the versa to show the correct time.

Best Answer
0 Votes