Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not accurate with tracking miles, steps or heart rate!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a Versa to replace my Charge 3. I loved my Charge 3 but I bought the Versa mostly because I can listen to music without having my phone with me. I also love the way it looks! But comparing it to my Charge 3, the miles and the steps are way off! The other day I did over 12,000 steps with my Versa and it only registered less than a half of a mile! My Charge 3 measured over 4 miles and recorded way more steps! Big difference. During my workouts, I get a huge difference in my heart rate....sometimes 20 BPM different than my Charge 3 and I am wearing them both at the same time! For a 40 minute cardio session there is a difference of about 400 steps. That is a lot! Both are set to the exact stride length so I know that is not the issue. I used to make it my goal to get at least 4 miles a day with my Charge 3 and no way can I ever hit that goal with my Versa. I finally had to make my goal a HALF mile in order to close that circle! And some days I don't! Rediculous! I am getting an average of 12,000 steps per day so I should be able to reach that goal no problem. So far I am not impressed. I reset it and it does not help. I see I am not the only one with these issues so you need to address this problem! Can you please give us a software update to fix this???

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @SunsetRunner , it's nice to see you back on the Community!

I am glad to hear you love the features Fitbit Versa has to offer compared to Charge 3 tracker and will be glad to assist you with your concern about its accuracy with tracking your steps, distance and heart rate. Thank you for your feedback, our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. I appreciate your efforts to resolve the issue by restarting the device. 

I understand that you're using your Charge 3 and Versa at the same time. Do you have separate Fitbit accounts for your devices? The algorithms used in both devices are the same, so you should see no more than a standard 4% variation between the two. It's possible to get different readings if the devices are worn in different locations (dominant vs non-dominant wrist). Since you see the difference in your steps and distance, I recommend confirming the following are correct in the Fitbit app:

Please check the tips to improve the accuracy of heart rate reading here.

Let me know how it goes!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You might want to check and make sure you have it set for dominate or non dominate if you haven't already.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @drawemommy0813 ! I am sorry for the delayed response. 

Thank you for joining the conversation and sharing your helpful advice! I appreciate your participation in the Forums. 

If you haven't done so already, I also invite you to participate in our discussion's forum, there are many interesting topics about Fitness and Wellness.

Keep on visiting the forums! Robot Happy

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much! I will check it out.

Best Answer

Hi @drawemommy0813, thank you for your reply.

I appreciate your time and interest. Thank you for letting us be a part of your health and fitness journey. 

Thanks for stopping by, see you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new versa after a week I noticed it is not tracking my steps properly... today during a 45 minute walk at the gym it did stop tracking steps for about 15 minutes. The walk also did not register and as I looking at the app to heart rate, etc the steps went down by 1,500 ~

i did the reset earlier this morning after reading the blogs ... anyone else experiencing the same issue. This is highly disappointed as I chose versa over the Apple Watch and starting to regret my call

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Hope1880, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board.

Thank you for sharing the details of the issue you're experiencing with your Fitbit Versa not tracking your steps accurately. I totally understand how you are feeling and appreciate your efforts to resolve it by doing a restart. Sometimes, when you start walking, your steps may not update on your device right away. After about 10-15 continuous steps, you'll notice the steps catch up and start updating in real time with each step you take. I would like to confirm if you were moving your arms during your walk? Did you use the Exercise app or the SmartTrack feature which automatically recognizes and records your activity? 

For more information about the accuracy of Fitbit devices and our tips to improve it, please see this help article: How accurate are Fitbit devices?

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used the smart track and move my arms during my brisk walk / jog : then run

“Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
Mark Twain

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Hi @Hope1880 , thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate the additional information and recommend trying to use the Exercise app in order to track your workout and check the accuracy. You can follow these steps: How do I start a workout in the Exercise app? I recommend syncing your device prior to the workout and then after it. 

Let me know how it goes! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes