Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Versa is saying not charging - not enough power at the source. Have tried on a laptop, desktop, USB plug and USB plug socket. Anyone else having the same issue? Thanks in advance 

Best Answer
294 REPLIES 294
The contacts wear off or the pins on the charger wont reach the contacts on the Versa. There is a protective rubber case that they sell on amazon that comes with its own charger that lets you charge it with the case on. It has longer pins and it presses in and holds it. I got this after i had my Versa replaced and it seems to work. I charge it every 3 days and put clear tape over the contacts on the Versa to protect the contacts from sweat and rubbing off over time. Seems to be working. Heres the link on Amazon if interested.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07D5RM5RB?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for sharing! I will check this out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get it fixed? I bought mine a couple days ago and it won’t charges and I even bought a new charger and nothing

Best Answer
0 Votes

They sent me a new watch face (no bands or accessories) and it looks like the design was changed. It fits in the original charger now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How old was original Versa?
Best Answer
0 Votes
It was brand new, from Costco.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Changed it? Min was exactly the same. Could you reply with a front and back pic. Im interested in seeing it. If you don't mind.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Assume you just recently bought it, not say 8 months ago.
Best Answer
0 Votes
  Yes, it was only a month before my first post. It only lasted as long as the first charge. It wouldn't fit in the cradle correctly and the pins didn't make contact.
Best Answer
0 Votes
NO! It still only holds a charge for about a day! I’ve pathetically become a useless Fitbit challenger bc it’s always dying during the day. I could charge it every night like I do my cell phone but that basically defeats any resting heart rate and sleep info 😔

Also, I don’t get a lot of actual phone calls in today’s world, but when I do...l answer my phone and like 45 minutes later, my Versa starts alerting me that this person I’ve already talked to is calling but my phone is not ringing...it’s very delayed and annoying.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I would definitly send that back to Fitbit. Bug them till they replace it. Hasnt even been out a year i dont think. 

Best Answer

Definitely sounds like a defective Versa watch. Have it replaced.

@TammyBen wrote:
NO! It still only holds a charge for about a day! I’ve pathetically become a useless Fitbit challenger bc it’s always dying during the day. I could charge it every night like I do my cell phone but that basically defeats any resting heart rate and sleep info 😔

Also, I don’t get a lot of actual phone calls in today’s world, but when I do...l answer my phone and like 45 minutes later, my Versa starts alerting me that this person I’ve already talked to is calling but my phone is not ringing...it’s very delayed and annoying.

Sent from my iPad

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted Fitbit and they replaced my watch unit only.  I would suggest trying to make a claim.  My Fitbit was a gift, so I didn't have a receipt.  They were still awesome to work with.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
They seem to be hassle free for the most part. You just have to provide documentation and pics of the problem. I think they know its an issue. If you look at other fitbit connectors, they arent as shallow so the contacts dont rub on your skin and wear as much. I believe this is the main problem. 
I put a piece of clear box tape over it and charge it e every 3 to 4 days and replace the tape. 
This seems to be working with my replacement fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure I follow you. You put the clear box tape (and wear watch) on the underside of the Versa. Doesn't the tape irritate your wrist ? Or do you put tape over the pins on the charger. In either case, with tape secure, contact is good enough for charging?

BTW - my charging issue was with the original charger, the pins on charger were not aligned straight across, so contact with Versa was not good. The replacement charger they sent me works fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I cut a small rectangular piece and put it over the contacts and peel it off every 3 or 4 days to charge it and put a fresh piece on. This keeps the skin and sweat from brushing against it.  See pic. 
I would rather do this every 4 days than go through sending it in and waiting a month for another.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you

@TheBarron wrote:
I cut a small rectangular piece and put it over the contacts and peel it off every 3 or 4 days to charge it and put a fresh piece on. This keeps the skin and sweat from brushing against it.  See pic. 
I would rather do this every 4 days than go through sending it in and waiting a month for another.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys! I hope you are doin' great! 

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are having issues with the charging cable of your Versa or that the watch itself isn't charging. I can see that some of you have already contacted our Support team for further help and get a replacement to get you back on track. For those who haven't, please get in touch with them so they can review your options and proceed accordingly. 

I can see that some of you have decided to visit Amazon to get a charging cable for your Versa. Well, this isn't a bad alternative, just keep in mind that those products aren't covered by Fitbit warranty. 

Keep me posted if you have further questions! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is not charging at all!!! I even bought a new charger

Best Answer
0 Votes