Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not receiving notifications when is locked

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone have NFC setup on their versa where when it ends up getting locked up, they don't get their regular push notifications OR alarms?

I seem to have finally caught onto the pattern where if my Versa gets the passcode lockup on it for whatever random reasons (walking away from my phone for example). I noticed that I don't get my regular push notifications to my Versa. Once I notice and unlock my Versa with the code, I start getting vibrate notifications. Seems weird.... Any reason or explanation for this?

To top it off, it also locks up randomly at night when I'm sleeping and prevents the alarm from going off which is great. so I have to have a backup alarm every day anyways.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @SunsetRunner, I was reading your notifications and your alarms are not working once the Versa is locked up.

Note that once you have set up your Fitbit Pay option, it will be require to enter the pin code at least once during the day. Your watch will detect that you are not using it based on different reason and will stop any other functionality.

For more details I would recommend to review this other post. I talked more in detail on this topic, due to the alarms are also blocked by the locked up. Please review this post for more help here.

You can also refer to our help article How do I use the device lock on my Fitbit watch?

See you around and hope this helps. Let me know if you want to share any additional feedback.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME wrote:

Hi there @SunsetRunner, I was reading your notifications and your alarms are not working once the Versa is locked up.

Note that once you have set up your Fitbit Pay option, it will be require to enter the pin code at least once during the day. Your watch will detect that you are not using it based on different reason and will stop any other functionality.

For more details I would recommend to review this other post. I talked more in detail on this topic, due to the alarms are also blocked by the locked up. Please review this post for more help here.

You can also refer to our help article How do I use the device lock on my Fitbit watch?

See you around and hope this helps. Let me know if you want to share any additional feedback.

@RobertoMEThanks for the reply. I see the pattern now, and it is a very unfortunate feature that is very disruptive in general.

I did a factory re-boot and still can't get the passcode lock off. Where can I find instructions or help? I want NFC and this passcode lock off completely because it's not worth me not waking up and missing work in the morning.

In the app, NFC is completely remove and I uninstalled the wallet feature complete. I also have it disabled under Device/Versa > Device Lock = Disabled

It is disabled, yet i'm still getting asked to enter my passcode. Any advice on how to get this removed since it's not working?

I did a factory rest on my phone this weekend. I disconnected my versa before doing so and tried to disable it then. I re-connected my fitbit to my phone after my factory reset, and still no luck!

Thanks for your help

Best Answer
0 Votes