Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not receiving notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all,

I have a problem with my new versa.. I get notifications only for calls but nothing else.. the app and the Versa are full updated and also tried everything I found on community or site as far notifications. Also on the notification tab on phone I have the error ''Notification service not running. A phone restart is required to enable notifications on your browser''. Phone is Redmi Note 5

Any help would be very welcome 😛

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Josh..here is the walkthrough that worked for my case :

Step 1:

Go to settings --> manage apps' battery usage --> choose apps. From there, pick all the apps you want to receive push notifications and select "No restrictions."

Step 2:

Go to settings --> permissions --> autostart. From there, pick the apps you want to receive notifications, and toggle the switch to turn it on.

Step 3:
Go to settings --> app notifications --> pick the apps you want to receive notifications, then turn the toggle for "Priority" on.

Step 4:

Lock the app in the "recent apps"/ "app overview" plane. Do so by first opening the apps, then press the "recent apps/overview button" (that's the square button on stock Android, or the button with three horizontal lines on the Mi Mix). From there, find the app you want to receive notifications, pull down on it to "lock it", so it never gets cleared.

Step 5:

This last step requires Developer Options privileges. To enable that, go to settings (haha... I'm getting tired of typing "go to settings" ...) --> about phone

--> tap on MIUI version tab like eight times. You should then get a little message saying "you are now a developer." Then head back out to settings, go to developer option, scroll to nearly the bottom, find "memory optimization," and turn it off.

It might be working on step 4 and no need for step 5 but i'm writing just in case..

Best of Luck , let me know if that worked !!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

If your phone is on silent, your device wont notify you. 
Do you have an IPhone or Android
There's also a setting on the iphone you have to enable in order for you to get them..

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

I solved the issue it was an android thing ...Thanks !! 🙂

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Forums @Jimmy13 and @ACG thanks for stopping by.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix the issue. It's great to know that this issue has been resolved and that your Versa is now receiving notifications. If there is anything else we can do for you, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up! Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hello

I have the same Android phone : Redmi note 5 and i have the same problemes, can you explain how do you fix it ?

please

see you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Josh..here is the walkthrough that worked for my case :

Step 1:

Go to settings --> manage apps' battery usage --> choose apps. From there, pick all the apps you want to receive push notifications and select "No restrictions."

Step 2:

Go to settings --> permissions --> autostart. From there, pick the apps you want to receive notifications, and toggle the switch to turn it on.

Step 3:
Go to settings --> app notifications --> pick the apps you want to receive notifications, then turn the toggle for "Priority" on.

Step 4:

Lock the app in the "recent apps"/ "app overview" plane. Do so by first opening the apps, then press the "recent apps/overview button" (that's the square button on stock Android, or the button with three horizontal lines on the Mi Mix). From there, find the app you want to receive notifications, pull down on it to "lock it", so it never gets cleared.

Step 5:

This last step requires Developer Options privileges. To enable that, go to settings (haha... I'm getting tired of typing "go to settings" ...) --> about phone

--> tap on MIUI version tab like eight times. You should then get a little message saying "you are now a developer." Then head back out to settings, go to developer option, scroll to nearly the bottom, find "memory optimization," and turn it off.

It might be working on step 4 and no need for step 5 but i'm writing just in case..

Best of Luck , let me know if that worked !!

Best Answer

Many thanks dude the SMS are working !

😄

🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to see new faces @JohndavidWong, welcome and @Jimmy13 thanks for the information.

I appreciate the steps provided, it's great to know that you are now also receiving your notifications. I know a lot of people will find those steps helpful.

Let's keep the stepping up! Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for providing the solution for this issue jimmy.

I had the same issue with my Redmi Note 5 Pro. Solved now. Cheers!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

I bought my versa as 3 weeks ago and was working properly for one week, after that I update the app to the last version of fitbit, after the update the versa is not getting the notifications anymore. I already try a lot of things

-I remove and install again the versa and the app 

-I turn off and on the Bluetooth

-I turn off/on the versa

After that still not working the versa is not getting the notifications, my device is a Samsung s5 and the android version is 6.0.1

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have in Iphone 7plus. I get all notifications except messages. It was working just fine until the last month, i get phone calls, alerts, just not messages. I have uninstalled & reinstalled, factory reset, etc and still nothing. Its driving me crazy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have Xiaomi mi 8, MIUI 10.1.2 based on Android 9. I don't find stepts 3 and 4.....

Regards

Best Answer

The app shows that notifications services not working and i have to restart my device. I have already done that but it doesn't work. I have to uninstall and then reinstall the app then it works. But after sometime it happens again. I cannot do it again n again. Please let me know if you have any other solution. Or i just bought a defective product. 

The problem frequently happens when i sleep during the night and woke up in the morning. In the morning the problem occurs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Even I am facing the same issue & I have Oneplus5.. could you please look into this issue & try to resolve for the wider audience? Because I think many are facing the same issue & i think we should not be recommendingt smartwatch to anyone if the problem persists

Best Answer
0 Votes
It worked...thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey I've been having that issue a lot.. I've paid to much money for this watch to have these simple issues. Have you gotten any help

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, it seems that the fewer product has that problem. Everytime the issue
comes, i just clear the data of the app n then login again. Seems the only
solution until now. If you find anything please let me know.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was told by fitbit they are working on the problem and well have a new update soon..

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for this...these instructions were spot on for fixing the notification issues for the MI9 and Fitbit versa special edition...I now how notifications working again which is awesome!!!

Best Answer
You maybe?? But not me

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes