Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not responding after factory reset

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa would not sync with my phone app or pc account, messaged Fitbit customer service who went through all of the troubleshooting again with me (I had already done this) and it still didn't work. Was then advised to do a Factory Reset which I said I would do once I had time as they have you on forever doing this and that...so, I have done a factory reset and now my watch is just showing the Fitbit logo and telling me to install the app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone and it brings up my usual account but the watch is still showing Fitbit logo. When I go to add a 'new device' to the app it cannot find my watch. I'm losing faith in this watch now and I am not happy at all, I've had it since May and it's been fine up until a few days ago. The message service seems closed now and now I have no watch and a useless app.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
198 REPLIES 198

Did you try holding the reset buttons?

The left side and the lower button on the right for about 10-12 seconds

Beyond that it's a Fitbit problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. I called in and spoke with the support people who had me try that also. It did not work. The gentleman then informed me this was an issue they had with the versa lite not the versa one. He said it occurs after an update. I then informed that it seems to be the versa one also. He told no I was wrong 🤦🏼‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes
This was on a a versa 2!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Perhaps all verses from 1, lite and 2 all cant be factory reset!! Definitely a software issue!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

However the other gentleman on here said his was a versa 2 that quit after the factory reset...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This post is no longer valid since Fitbit made the update part of the install/restore process and this no longer works.

Not sure what folks are doing but I've done the reset to my Versa Version 1 over a half dozen times with no problems.  I know nothing about Versa versions 2 or Lite.  

On a Versa Version 1 the reset was very simple.  Go to settings, go to about, and the factory reset choice is just above the shut down choice.

Did you remove your device from the App before starting?  did you treat it like a new Versa and add it back with the App?

Was it fully charged or did you make sure to put it in the charger while doing this?  

Have you tired putting it in the charger?   I rolled my Versa version 1 back to OS version 32.33.1.30 and it's been running very stable.  If I take the update to Version to 32.70 it has some new features but the batter life is awful.  It will loose 30% overnight while it's turned off.  Which is weird because it's off.

I'm hoping Fitbit will fix the firmware update version 32.70 is flawed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s a versa2 and the screen has gone off altogether it’s not working! as I have stated Fitbit are sending me a new tracker and I am sure if it could be fixed they would have done that cheers

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I removed the device. Then I went to settings on the versa 1. I hit factory reset. Then everything went black. It was at 89% charged when I hit reset. Suppprt has me push the volume buttons and hold so long before releasing one of the buttons. When than didn’t work they had me but on the charging dock for an 1 hr wait and call back. It remained black still not turning back on. 

support confirmed they knew that with the lastest update the versa lite no longer functioned after the factory reset. They said versa 1 was not affected. Obviously they were wrong☹️

Did I do anything wrong? Nope. I only hit factory reset. I wanted to wipe my info off the device so my husband could try it for a week and see if he liked if before getting one. So far he says he doesn’t like it. I told him since it isn’t functional it doesn’t count.  He says if the company doesn’t back a faulty product he doesn’t like it.

Best Answer

We call the Shaggy defense,  Wasn't me

Best Answer
0 Votes

I factory reset my versa and removed it from my account because I got a new one and was giving this one to my brother. Now it wont show up as a device and the app wont connect to it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing.

I have tried all the suggestions on this thread and no luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank You! You are a tracker/life saver!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great.... saw an official post to factory reset if versa wasn't working properly... pity i didn't see this thread before i did that... as i hit factory reset it went black... and that has been that! No lights, no screen, nada!

I have a versa 1 and it has already been replaced once before due to a malfunction...

i really liked all the things the versa did, but the device life is HORRIBLE!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It have had the same problem mine has totally packed in after a factory reset ...... I agree they are a waste of money I have had four Fitbits sent me all packed in and wouldn’t sync 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When ever support people give you something to do and tell you call back,  in the industry that's known as "Call Slamming"  it's because they don't know how to fix the problem and just need to get you off the phone.   Many of these call centers give the tech a bonus for closing the most calls.  So to make their bonus or just to meet their required goals they have to get you off the phone to meet their numbers. If they don't meet a certain number of calls a day they get fired.  The company sees results from the call center.  The call center follows a script of procedures and basic fixes.  Beyond that there is nothing they can do except authorize a replacement.  Once warranty date has past it's tough luck on us.  The one thing many of these low rent call centers don't account for is when they get a large number of calls about the same problem.  The agent is just trying to make a living with the tools they were given by the parent company in this case Fitbit.  So basically don't blame the support tech.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here mine stopped responding at the end of January. I have tried everything even removed my account and set up a new one nothing works. As I seen by other posts on here, best count your losses and get rid and never recommend this firm to anyone. 

Best Answer
Have you rung the help line and asked for a replacement mine is working fine at the moment even thou I am on lockdown .regards and stay safe
Best Answer
0 Votes

This did absolutely nothing to help me. I have factory reset the watch multiple times, deleted the app, restarted my phone, etc.  This has been going on for 2 days and it's wasting my time.  Just tell me if the Bluetooth on the watch ever fails and that will explain why the watch is rendered useless. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sometimes the bluetooth on your device does not play well with the Fitbit.   Did you remove the device from your device manager?  Let it add itself back when you reinstalled the Fitbit?  Try turning the bluetooth on for audio devices on the fitbit.  Sometimes that works,  why I don't know.  Try connecting to another bluetooth device?  Curse and scream at it?  Okay that won't help but it might make your feel better.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi this is exactly what happened with me I eventually did it on my lap top with the charger usb and it did work

Best Answer
0 Votes