Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa, not vibrating for text messages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a versa and I-Phone. I can see text messages but no vibration notification. It vibrates for all other notifications such as reminder to move and phone calls. I have read the trouble shooting guide. Yes, notifications are turned on. I’ve reset my versa, deleted app and reinstalled, turned everything off and then back on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@JoAnn5, welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your Fitbit Versa since it won't vibrate when getting text messages. By the way, thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums.

I'd like you to try one more workaround, which has been helpful for this type of issues. Please restart your watch to factory settings. To do so on your device, open the Settings app > About > Factory Reset or Clear User Data. Sync your watch before this in order to avoid losing current data.

Finally, turn off and turn on the notifications again and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue about TXT messages not vibrating. They are on the Versa, but it does not vibrate when they come in.

I tried all of the troubleshooting steps, and then came here and saw this. So, I reset to factory settings. When the device comes back up, it asks to setup the tracker, and during that setup it fails. First it was very hard to get the Versa to connect to the iPhone BluTooth. And every time it did, back in the FitBit app, it said to go back to Allow the FitBit to Connect to accessories. But on the BluTooth settings page, there is nothing about this at all. In the FitBit app, i have the choices of Abort and Retry. Retry on the "Not Working" page, sits there forever and does nothing. Going back to the Charge your Versa page and coming back in, I get the Something went wrong, and Allow FitBit to connect to Accessories error. The Abort option on this page, takes me back to the FitBit App, where it is looking for the old Versa forever. Trying Set Up a Device takes me back to the top of this post, and it all starts again.

In short, the advice to Factory Reset seems to have completely killed my Versa. Or more precisely, made the Versa completely useless...

Best Answer
0 Votes