Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not vibrating with notifications (Solved!!!)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

*UPDATE*  Please see reply to @Littlelearner.  It seems that this method has fixed my issue for now.

Ever since the dreaded update, my Versa will NOT vibrate with any notifications other than phone calls.  Text messages do come through but the only way I know about them is to check the swipe down menu or via my phone (Moto G4 Plus).  Outlook sometimes comes through but none from the calendar.

I have verified that all the notifications are turned on, as is always vibrate.  It is not in DND or Sleep either.  I also have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and the watch, with no success of the notifications returning.  I am running the most recent version of the app as well.  It seems like Fitbit has been shoving it off like there is no issue (see ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE thread about the most recent firmware update).  

I am wearing a $200+ dollar watch that gives about 50% of the promised features.  It worked just fine before the update...

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Littlelearner   I think I may have just figured it out. 

-Go under your bluetooth settings on your phone and "forget" the versa, then turn off your phone's bluetooth completely and restart your phone. 

-Once it restarts, reopen the fitbit app and select "set up new device". 

-The app will ask if it can turn on bluetooth. 

-Select yes.

-It will then tell you that you already have a versa on your account and asks if you want to replace it.

-Select replace and it will start the setup like it is a new device.

-Once it was completed, I double checked that all notification options were selected.

I had my wife send several test texts and it seems to have fixed my problem at least with text messages.  Not sure about other stuff yet or if random other things won't work now, but at least this gets you part of the way there...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I’m having the same issue!!! Super frustrating. Hope there’s an easy fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Littlelearner   I think I may have just figured it out. 

-Go under your bluetooth settings on your phone and "forget" the versa, then turn off your phone's bluetooth completely and restart your phone. 

-Once it restarts, reopen the fitbit app and select "set up new device". 

-The app will ask if it can turn on bluetooth. 

-Select yes.

-It will then tell you that you already have a versa on your account and asks if you want to replace it.

-Select replace and it will start the setup like it is a new device.

-Once it was completed, I double checked that all notification options were selected.

I had my wife send several test texts and it seems to have fixed my problem at least with text messages.  Not sure about other stuff yet or if random other things won't work now, but at least this gets you part of the way there...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was so hopeful since I got the verification numbers when I was resetting my Fitbit! But did not receive my text messages after all of your steps! I’m going to try again tomorrow. Thank you so much for helping!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes