Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa notifications and GPS issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my watch a week ago and really have had some issues. Most recently, since a few hours ago I stopped getting notifications. On the Notification settings on the phone I see error message "Phone is in Do Not Disturb mode" It is not. I see that the notifications only work when the ringer/vibration is turned on on the phone. I did a online chat and also called in and both reps insisted that the ringer/vibration needs to be turned on for notifications to work on the watch, Not true!

I have also not had success with tracking runs, the watch will not stay connected to the phone GPS. I have requested to return the watch. That is disappointing because I wanted it to work. I am going back to my Pebble Time.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

It's great to see you around @jackeen.

I appreciate the efforts in trying to fix these issues. Regarding the notifications, if your Versa is paired to an Android phone, your Fitbit watch can alert you to notifications at any time:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon > your device image > Notifications
  2. In the Vibration Settings section, turn on the Always Vibrate option.

Other Fitbit devices paired to iPhones or Windows 10 phones don’t receive notifications when you turn on the Do Not Disturb, Quiet hours, or Driving mode setting on your phone.

About the GPS, check the help article Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device? and follow the instructions provide there.

Let me know the outcome. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe I turned off the Always Vibrate option without realizing??

I switched it back. Looks good now.

It would have been good if the 2 reps I talked to last night had mentioned this!

As far as it goes with tracking runs....Looks like I have all settings correct.

I will try it again in next day or so and see if it works.

Thank you for your recommendations.

Best Answer
0 Votes