Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa over counting floors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Floors is over reporting number of floors

Moderator edit: subject for clarity and label

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @HaiPing.

I am sorry to hear your device is over reporting number of floors. I am glad to assist you with that. Your device uses both an accelerometer and altimeter to track floors, and registers a floor when detecting continuous motion combined with an elevation gain of about 10 feet. Your device may give you credit for extra floors for a variety of reasons. Devices may track floors while doing everyday tasks such as opening doors, driving, or riding elevators or escalators, or from abrupt weather and atmospheric pressure changes. Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors. For more information about the accuracy of the Fitbit devices, please see here

I recommend restarting your device and making sure your device's firmware is updated. For steps to update your device, see How do I update my Fitbit device?

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi!
I restarted my versa twice on 2 different days & installed new iOS format yesterday. Today I see that my versa is still over recording my floor count. Currently I have 164 floors recorded. I am walking moderately & not running in place or using the treadmill. What else can be done to remedy this problem? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @HaiPing, thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. Since the issue persists, I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon. 

By the way, I've moved your post to Other Versa Smartwatches board so we can keep our forums organized.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I see an extreme overreporting number of floors (Versa 2), while I haven't changed my way of living. Maybe the period the calculation changed is the same as @HaiPing noticed. 

I also restarted my device and reported it to Fitbit support. I received a confirmation online but haven't received a confirmation email for two days now. Don't you send these any more? Can you look in to this @LiliyaFitbit ?

Screenshot_20200916-132653.jpg

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RonaldM, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing that you're experiencing the same issue with your Versa 2 overreporting number of floors. Thank you for providing a screenshot. I appreciate your efforts to resolve this and trying to contact our Support team via email. While we’re no longer offering support by email, I went ahead and created a case for you, someone from our Support team will reach out soon.

Additionally, I recommend checking if your Fitbit app is updated to the latest version as updates come with new features and bug fixes: How do I update the Fitbit app?

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer

Thank you @LiliyaFitbit, I received a confirmation email from Fitbit support so ill wait for them to get back to me. 

I just received this badge today, I totally don't deserve it 😅

RU5PjnFYgcUJfMuRBqR1cEh33qoh2E3e2y-WdxT7q5I=.PNG

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer

Hi @RonaldM, thank you for your reply and a picture.

I totally understand how you are feeling and I am glad to hear you've received a confirmation email from Fitbit support. I am sure they will do their best to help you, please keep working with them. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer