Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa restarted itself while exercising.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone else have issues with the Versa, I had a 30 min elliptical workout and the versa rebooted once and then just randomly stopped measuring The elliptical machine says I worked out 31 mins. The Fit bit says 10!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Larmyca, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for reporting this situation to us. Tell me, where you able to see the Versa restarting itself while you were exercising? Have you restarted it lately by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen? Is this the first time this issue has happened? At this moment I would like to suggest you to use your Versa in an upper position in your arm and monitor it for the next few days to check if this happens again. If it does, please let us know. In the meantime, you can edit your previous elliptical exercise to add the missing time. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Larmyca Don't let the moderators gaslight you. This is a bug in the Versa firmware and lots of people have this problem. You probably still got "credit" for the active minutes on the Versa, minus the time it spent restarting. I've had this problem off and on since I got my Versa on release day. It will happen during 1/3 to 1/2 of my workouts, then not happen for a month or two. There's a new firmware release just out. There's always the possibility that Fitbit engineering bumbled their way into fixing the problem. They never admit bugs and never tell you what fixes are in releases, so who knows?!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still happening

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Larmyca Still happening as in, you've got the latest firmware (update about a week ago) and it didn't resolve the problem? Or just still happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes