Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa's step count way up

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently posted here about step count inaccuracy on my new Charge 3...couldn’t resolve it so returned it and paid extra for the Versa but seems to be the same issue. What can I do to try resolve it? I really don’t want to have to return this one also 😞

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

@amoloney It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your Fitbit Versa since it's counting extra steps.

If you haven't done so, please restart your Versa as described in this help article. Also, make sure that your Versa is not being worn too tight.

If the issue persists, let me know and I'll be happy to follow up! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did a restart already and my watch is loose enough to move up and down my wrist. I wore my husbands Garmin and the Versa on the same wrist today and the Versa is more than twice what the Garmin is. I don’t want to have to return this watch like my previous one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@amoloney Thank you for getting back and trying the restart process.

I'd like you to try one more workaround, which consists in doing a factory reset. To do so on your device, open the Settings app > About > Factory Reset or Clear User Data. After this, monitor your Versa's step tracking behavior and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have a big problem. my fitbit versa couting 2001 steps when i am on a bike  round 16 min

and smart track experince wont work at all. i have reset the fitbit 15 times and the fitbit app en my mobile and i have done the factory reset wihit the fitbit versa 5 times.

it is my second fitbit versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@amoloney wrote:

I did a restart already and my watch is loose enough to move up and down my wrist. I wore my husbands Garmin and the Versa on the same wrist today and the Versa is more than twice what the Garmin is. I don’t want to have to return this watch like my previous one. 

I had the same issue with the Versa.  It counts waaaay more steps than you actually take.  When I had my Versa, it would consistently put me at over 10,000 steps daily.  My Fossil Sport is now counting much more accurately at about 6,000 steps a day.

Case in point, I wore the Versa to bed as well as the Fossil Sport.  I would get up once a night to go to the bathroom.  My Versa when I woke up would read almost 300 steps.  My Fossil Sport, correctly reads 18 steps.

It's a Fitbit issue.

Best Answer

Hi Juan,

I did a reset of the Fitbit and no luck 😞. It counted over 100 steps sitting down doing my makeup. I will be returning it and not replacing as I had the same issue with the charge3. It is a pity as I loved the design. 

Best Answer
0 Votes