Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa screen issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The first 1-2 months after upgrading my Charge 2 to a Versa I had no issues, and was quite happy with my decision to upgrade. But then I started getting issues with the screen jumping when attempting to view stats, and only moving half a screen when swiping to get to exercise, music, settings, etc (you can see half of the previous screen, and half of the next screen). Following forum suggestions, whenever this happened I would restart the Versa, and all would be good for a day or two.

However, in the last two months the Versa has been all but useless - the ONLY screen I can view is the main clockface, and even then just briefly. Raising the Versa wakes the screen but it goes blank again after one second, and I cannot swipe up, down, right, or left. I simply CANNOT access any of the other screens. Again following suggestions on the forum, today I tried doing a full factory reset, ensuring the watch was in its charging dock and undisturbed for at least two hours so it could charge (not that it needed it) and download the latest OS. And yes, this did not help one bit. I am reduced to wearing a rather pricey watch on my wrist without being able to use any of its other features - I can only use it to track exercise, steps and heart rate, but have to rely on the app to view my stats since I cannot see them on the watch unless I shake my wrist like a mad man and glance at one stat each time the screen wakes for a single second.

Do I cut my loses and switch to using an Apple Watch?

Reading through the Fitbit forums suggests the Versa has serious problems that aren't being properly addressed by Fitbit. I'm expecting someone to respond to this telling me to restart the Versa or to do a factory reset, even though I have explicitly stated that I have done these with no improvement to the flickering and jumping screens. Which would then see them suggesting I contact support, but hey, that doesn't work either since they appear to be having problems with the force.com platform [bangs head against keyboard].

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, indeed I would advice to do a factory reset by pressing and holding all three buttons together untill you feel a strong vibration and then release only the right lower button. If that does not solve the problem, indeed call Customer Support . Good luck and keep us posted!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

As explicitly mentioned, a factory reset DOES NOT HELP, and when last did you actually click on the "Customer Support" link you added to your reply? Does it actually work, or do you get:

Error: Login is required to access this URL. 

Please email us if you need to get in touch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I press on the link, I'll get the Customer Support page, no error messages at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which means that Customer Support is only available to people in select countries then, making it completely useless to anyone who buys a Fitbit (legitimately) in other countries?

And that confirms then that I should just cut my losses and switch to an Apple Watch - I can't resolve the issue with my Versa, and I can't get proper support, making the Versa well and truly useless to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes