Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa showing incorrect time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After I charged my Versa for the first time, I lost the time on the clock face. I turned it off and on and it didn't work. I did a reset and I am now having to start all over re syncing it. I don't know why the time was lost.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
23 REPLIES 23

A warm welcome to the Community @dogkat.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself. If your Versa is showing the time wrong, I recommend making sure that the timezone setting is correct by doing the following from your Fitbit app:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon.
  2. Tap Advanced Settings.
  3. Under Time Zone, turn off the Set Automatically option.
  4. Tap Time Zone and select the correct time zone.
  5. Sync your tracker.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I am still having trouble with my Versa...it is 14 mins behind.  When I looked at the Time Zone advanced setting, it didn't have the "Set Automatically" option as mentioned.  Need help still with resetting my Versa clock.  Thanks!

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem! Called customer support twice today and they walked through some troubleshooting steps and it seems to correct but within the hour of the calls, it would be behind. Right now it is about 30 mins behind. 

Best Answer

Do anyone have the answer?

I have the same problem. My versa is 55 minutes slow

Best Answer

Versa Lite is not changing my time zone to EST US & Canada even though I went into advanced settings and used another time zone and then reset it to United States

Best Answer

I finally fixed the issue by switching to Garmin! All the fitbit reps said it was an issue with my phone, clearly it was not! Very satisfied with my Garmin! Will never deal with fitbit again after being denied a replacement or refund when it was still under warranty. Very sad!

Best Answer

I was able to resolve the issue.

• Updated my versa to the latest software (issue persisted)
  • Went into the device settings > about > shutdown
  • Powered the device back on by holding the left and bottom right button
  • Opened the timezone settings in my phone (issue persisted)
  • Toggled the automatic timezone sync off then back on
  • The watch face updated to the correct timezone after about 10 seconds
Best Answer

The time zone is correct.  The battery ran down and when I got it recharged it will not reset to the correct time.

Best Answer

Mine did this too. I unpaired it from my phone and then paired it again.  That fixed the problem

Best Answer

Did it continue to work? Mine will show the correct time but then fall behind again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is still the right time
Best Answer
0 Votes

It does not work.  This is such a piece of **ahem** product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This fix did not work for my versa 2.  I went from having to charge it every 4-5 days to having to charge it every other day. It has been losing time for about a month and is 7 minutes behind.

Best Answer

After troubleshooting in the phone fir over an hour.. I did factory rest.. now shows correct time

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's what they are telling me. So frustrating when I could go with a Samsung watch for the same **ahem** price. It all started when they put that spo2 update out. It's totally a malfunction on their part!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same with mine, doesn't hold charge and is always 6 mins slow, tried unpairing it and restarting it and it doesn't correct itself

Best Answer

Have the same issue as everyone else with time running late.

Told that you need to have the app on in the background 24/7 and that there's nothing else you can do to fix it.

Funny enough the time and watch worked fine for the first year I had it. Yet somehow this is my fault now for not having the app on in the background. Was also told that not syncing it for 24 hours was too long despite me saying that syncing it only fixed the issue about 80% of the time.

I would highly suggest if you can return the watch to do so. Support won't help and if you read a couple of the other forum posts on this same topic, you'll see that there really isn't a fix for this. 

I even asked if Versa 3 would have this issue as I'd like to move off the faulty 2, but got no answer. Looks like Garmin or Apple Watch next.

Good luck to you all

Best Answer

The time on my Fitbit Versa is 3 minutes behind. I have reset it yesterday and today it’s not showing the proper time. It’s on Melbourne Time (AET) but it’s still 3 minutes behind.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Jqualls' directions in his 1/28/2020 post worked for me. Do each step in order. Just fiddling with the time zone setting isn't enough 

Best Answer
0 Votes