Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa shows Inaccurate GPS data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today on a run my versa said I’d done 16 miles where in actual

fact I’d done 14. This isn’t the first time this has happened, any ideas what I need to do to rectify.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Emma1975, I'm sorry for the late response. However, let me welcome you to our Fitbit Community.

I'm happy to assist you with your Fitbit Versa since the GPS readings are not accurate. GPS accuracy depends on the signal strength among other factors.

If the issue persists, please restart your watch as described in this help article. After this, please check out this help page which explains how accurate is our GPS data captured by your Fitbit device.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having GPS accuracy issues.  I actually used the mapmyrun app on same phone paired with Fitbit on one of my runs to see if the issue was phone GPS or Fitbit.  The Mapmyrun app recorded what I expected for distance.  Fitbit was over 25. miles short on a 5K run.  I have uninstalled App and reinstalled.  Rebooted phone and Versa 2.  I have started Fitbit app before run and I have also checked settings on phone the location is always allowed.  I am using a Google Pixel 4 XL with latest OS and Fitbit app.  What else can I do to determine why Fitbit is showing difference distance than what my phone is recording?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its big known problem that doesn't look like its getting fixed any time soon i'm afraid. There's a big thread here:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa-Smartwatches/Distance-on-GPS-map-doesn-t-match-with-exercise-s...

Best Answer
0 Votes