Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa stopped getting text notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my versa watch for a few months. The other day I stopped getting text notifications. I still get email and phone call notifications just not the text messages. I have uninstalled the app from my phone and reinstalled it. I also tried doing a factory reset on the versa and repairing everything but nothing seems to work. I am using a Samsung S8+ phone

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I was able to fix the issue. My fitbit app on my phone had recently updated to version 3.0. I saw on another post that they also had no text notifications after the patch. They also pointed out if you delete the app from your phone and reinstall it the version you get from the app store is now back to 2.95. I did that and all my notifications are now working again.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Welcome on board @crritter, it's nice to see a new member around! Thanks so much for already troubleshooting the text notifications on your Versa. Nice way to go! 

Usually a missing requirement is the cause and I recommend confirming the steps to set up notifications in this help article: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

Move on to the troubleshooting steps if the issue persists. Please make sure to check this help article: What should I know about using the Fitbit app on my Android phone?

Give this a go and let me know the outcome, I'll be around. Man Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues.  This has been going on for almost a week and I too have tried everything I have researched to try and still nothing from my text messages.  

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forum @Mcgurkc! I appreciate you've taken the time to troubleshoot this issue prior to contacting us. 

I'd like to make sure you've checked and followed what I've shared here. If so, can you please let me know the name of the text message app you're not getting messages from on your Charge 3?

In the meantime, I'd suggest to try testing another text message app to see if you can or cannot receive messages from that app too. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Same here. Had the versa for about 6 months. S9 edge. No problems until stopped getting texts this week.. Followed directions on troubleshooting but still no success

Best Answer

Hello,

The same thing is happening to me.  Did you update your app?  My Fitbit has not synced at all to my phone since I updated the app. 

Best Answer

It could be the update. It sometimes has issues syncing but if you mess about with the bluetooth settings that usually resolves itself.

Best Answer
I tried switching from messaging app to message + app and still nothing.
Again, the calendar notifications and calls still go through but not text
messages.
Best Answer

Yeah notifications breaks all the time but it seems like they are working on a fix right now anyway.

Best Answer

I guess I'll have to see if they come up with a fix. Looking ar some of the other columns online this is not an uncommon problem. One guy mentioned the Garmin so there are always other options. Shame though cos this has been a good item until now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to fix the issue. My fitbit app on my phone had recently updated to version 3.0. I saw on another post that they also had no text notifications after the patch. They also pointed out if you delete the app from your phone and reinstall it the version you get from the app store is now back to 2.95. I did that and all my notifications are now working again.

Best Answer
Thanks for the suggestion! I will try that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue and have gone through all of the tries that customer service had me do. Nothing has worked. The only help now I get from them is that they are working on a fix and basically wait. I bought it from a local retailer so Fitbit wont do anything for me. I am stuck with a watch that doesn't do what it should. I will try your fix and let you know if it works

Best Answer

Did uninstalling and reinstalling the app help?

Best Answer
It did!
Best Answer

Awesome! I have done it but now just waiting for someone to text me! LOL!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This fix seems to have worked! Thank you very much for posting! Now I am afraid to update the app again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So glad you posted this, I was having the same issue since the new patch. Even lost the clock face I paid for. Everything was working fine. My android phone automatically updates apps, so it's extremely frustrating to all of a sudden lose all the functions of my fitbit Versa. I'll give this a try and see if it works... fingers crossed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see that your post is over a month now.  I'm wondering the the app has now been updated to the 3.0 version at the app store.  I've tried all the solutions and nothing is working.  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I fixed the text notifications problem by reinstalling the fitbit app on my phone. Now, however, I've been awarded a weight loss badge which when awarded said that I'd lost 35kg - which is not the case, I've lost 7kg so far and have a fair way to go. How do I get the badge removed? 

Best Answer
0 Votes