Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa stuck on installing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Downloaded software for Versa. While it was installing, the process froze. I have done the following to remedy the situation: turned Versa on and off, erased and re-loaded fitbit software on iPhone,   Turn phone on and off. Removed versa from Bluetooth discoverable list. No longer discoverable.  Disconnected all other Bluetooth devices from Phone. Nothing works because every time I turn watch back on again it returns the frozen installing state (loading bar still on screen) Can’t get help from Fitbit. Any suggestions? Is it possible to reset the Versa to factory settings using the buttons on the sides?

UPADTE April 21/18

So my latest Versa works fine...so far.  Did a FIIIT workout today and the watch handled it admirably. Fitbit pay works well, but so far in Canada, only the Royal Bank is on-board -- you can only store a credit card, not a debit card. The biggest pain has been replacing the watch strap, but it's a minor quibble.  Will update as necessary.

Best Answer
160 REPLIES 160

Welcome to the Fitbit Community! @Ishrogh Smiley Happy

Congrats on receiving your Versa! Sorry to hear you've had some trouble setting it up. I recommend giving the watch a restart with those instructions. After successfully restarting, give the setup another try. If you're still having trouble please let me know. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks for your response AlessFit.  I followed the instructions.  After holding the back (left) and bottom buttons, the logo appears.  But  a few seconds after that, the vertical progress installing bar re-appears and I am stuck again.  What now?

Watch stuck with progress barWatch stuck with progress bar

Best Answer
0 Votes

See if the device is showing on your dashboard. If it is delete it and then try installing software from WIFI. Do not pair with Bluetooth till after software is installed. You may get help by looking at Ionic community for suggestions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have now dealt with three different support people on three different continents spending more than three hours trying a dozen ways to solve the problem of my Versa being stuck in installing mode. They requested a video showing the issue as I restarted the device.  I have requested a shipping label to return the watch for a new one because I am l am leaving the country (Canada) on businesses next Wednesday. Fitbit has refused saying that their tech department needs to review the video. This is unbelievable. It’s not my problem, it is Fitbit’s problem. Please deal with this now.

Best Answer

How long is it “stuck” for as it is a long process

Best Answer
0 Votes

The watch remained frozen/hung/stuck in installing mode for 24 hours and nothing helped.  Nothing.  Fitbit sent me a shipping label and I just dropped the Versa off at Fedex for return. Don't know enough about tech to determine if it is a hardware or software issue.  I'd like to give the Versa another shot.

Best Answer

Mine took a long time for the initial software patch, dropping off wifi, then Bluetooth connectivity.

It did finish in the end, but was a bit of a poor first impression

Best Answer

Glad to know i'm not the only one having problems with installation.  I've been trying to do initial installation of my Fitbit Versa.  Was super excited for the product and now fear what this is going to mean.  Hoping it doesn't result in having to return also.  Will now try uninstalling off of all products and restarting, but uncertain.  Last error given was problems with it claiming bluetooth was off and needing a doggle for the product.  Started out with problems connecting to Wi-Fi.  Here we go with uninstalling the program, wiping all traces of the versa from computer and phone, and then restarting computer for the 5th time tonight.

Best Answer
We set the the Fitbit up on the v phone. We use the phone for syncing. Then we download the app on our computer.and open dashboard up and the info is there from the phone. We Use the computer only for music and there you use the WIFi from your computer and make sure you have have the bluetooth off on the phone.
I'm just not sure when I get new phone if it will be compatible and that we can not use the computer. The computer Bluetooth won't work with the Fitbit.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have learned that it is wise to run the initial setup/firmware update while Versa and phone are connected to internet via Wi-Fi, where for me it took about 20+ minutes to complete download and installation. . I learned this the hard way, where it can be really slow and sometimes fail to update when Versa is connected to phone via Bluetooth (while phone is connected to internet via Wi-Fi). Hope that this helps. Good luck. 

Best Answer

When you turned off the watch did you push the side button and bottom button until you saw the logo? That does a restart. 

Best Answer
Yes...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I did the restart on the watch a couple times as well as on my computer several times.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
I can only connect my Fitbit to the computer using WiFi. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same problem.  No one from Fitbit will even acknowledge that there is an issue.  They tell you that it must be my wifi signal, or my router isn't strong enough, or even I might need a different phone.  Then they try saying that I can't even return it without video documentation.

I'm done with this company

Best Answer
0 Votes

First, why can't I speak to anyone in the US about this issue?

Second, why will no one admit that this is an issue with the Versa?

Third, why should the customer have to waste their time documenting everything with a video?  I've already paid and shouldn't be doing someone else's job for them without compensation.

Best Answer

I agree on all points.  I sent the video down and even then Fitbit gave me a hard time during a subsequent call.  Furthermore, it states on their website that any product may be returned for any reason within 40 days all as long as it's not damaged and that all the components in the box are also returned.  I didn't expect the the pushback from Fitbit.  Perhaps it's organized chaos.  Or Fitbit should change the script their phone-support people read.

Best Answer
Try pushing the update through with Bluetooth.
Best Answer
0 Votes

i have also had this exact same issue. 

mine was not actually stuck it was just doing the update insanely slowly! It literally took about 48 hours!! (not exaggerating)!

This is clearly an issue that fitbit needs to address soon 

Best Answer