Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa stuck on installing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Downloaded software for Versa. While it was installing, the process froze. I have done the following to remedy the situation: turned Versa on and off, erased and re-loaded fitbit software on iPhone,   Turn phone on and off. Removed versa from Bluetooth discoverable list. No longer discoverable.  Disconnected all other Bluetooth devices from Phone. Nothing works because every time I turn watch back on again it returns the frozen installing state (loading bar still on screen) Can’t get help from Fitbit. Any suggestions? Is it possible to reset the Versa to factory settings using the buttons on the sides?

UPADTE April 21/18

So my latest Versa works fine...so far.  Did a FIIIT workout today and the watch handled it admirably. Fitbit pay works well, but so far in Canada, only the Royal Bank is on-board -- you can only store a credit card, not a debit card. The biggest pain has been replacing the watch strap, but it's a minor quibble.  Will update as necessary.

Best Answer
160 REPLIES 160
I believe we have 45 days to return it no question asked
Best Answer
0 Votes
I think it’s 45 day return no question asked if your not happy .i think I will be returning this junk back if they don’t fix the problem am having with it which is giving me to many step counts and also giving me extra actvate minutes very disappointed with this watch performance
Best Answer

> I believe we have 45 days to return it no question asked

Only if you purchased directly from Fitbit.com

Best Answer

Yes  it was purchased on Fitbit.com

Best Answer
0 Votes
You are right. Sorry for the inaccurate information.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the exact same problems with wifi and switched to Bluetooth. How long did it take for the update to complete?  I'm going on 50 minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

dear god.  I may have to save this install for the weekend. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, this Update/patch/whatever.. is very ...  hinky.

First, it told me it would take 1148minutes.  Then at 2% (about an hour), it crashed.

So, I rebooted, and turned on the win10 app again...

They found each other, and now it doesn't give an estimate, I can't go through the app...

and even their graphics are busted. (note strange blue schmears instead of dots)

Busted Graphic FitBit.PNG

I will give it 2 hours, and then try again and go to bed.

Not impressed, but will try to remain hopeful.

Best Answer
Right there with you. I've been at it since about 5 CST. I've tried the thrice restart suggested. My phone app repeatedly indicates "Looking for Versa." Which of course is plugged into the charger right next to the phone. Also plugged into a charger. lol

Then it taunts me by going to step 2 of 3. Suggesting progress. Within minutes, like the guy in Memento, the app forgets where the device is and starts looking for it all over again. As if Versa became sentient and wandered off for a beer.

Tap the Versa to wake it up. Rinse. Repeat.

Disappointing when I was SO psyched to pick this up. But I'm somewhat soothed by the troubles others are having, as it leads me to assume it's not a broken device, just a common install issue.
Best Answer

@AryaSpark

Mine just "fell asleep" during step 3. 

So now I sit by it, and just randomly tap it, hoping to keep it "awake" but not "interrupt".

I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us!

Best Answer
0 Votes
At this point I have been running the last week with it synced to my phone but unable to sync to my computer. It was really odd when I stepped away from it attached to the computer doing the update, I had the blue line filling up about 2/3 of the versa screen, computer telling me it couldn't connect, blah, blah. I stepped away in frustration when suddenly my versa completed filling blue. I then had struggles getting things to properly/consistently connect to my phone. Did a restart of my phone for some reason or another the next day and suddenly my phone and versa are syncing. Now if I could get things to work with my computer I can take advantage of all benefits to the versa. However, at this time the computer is having problems even recognizing the charger as a Bluetooth.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
Me too. I'm actually thrilled you made it to step 3! Progress!
Best Answer
0 Votes

well..
I finally got the Versa to get the correct version/update; and taaa daaaa!!!!!

*queue muppets dramatic music*

It's a dud.  This lemon won't be recognized, not in classic, not by Bluetooth, not by WiFi; except to install/link.

When installing, you loose all un-synced data, and since it can't sync.....  well...  yeah.

And for those who want to offer fixes, I worked with multiple FitBit techs. So yeah, they know too.

It's a lemon. 

I will get one from Best Buy, and see how that goes.

Sending this one back to FitBit.

Very bummed.

I hope y'all have better luck than I.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I could not install software as well (it stuck at the same moment all the time) until I plug it to charger. Then everything went smooth. I would recommend to try this solution and use charger while installing software.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I too am bummed. After working with a tech I learned I can't use my apt Wi-Fi. (Or any public wifi for that matter). He told me it would take 4 hours on Bluetooth.

So I started this adventure at 5 PM yesterday. Ended it at 5 this morning. It got halfway through and failed again twice during the night.

I'm so disappointed. Returning to Target today.

Also ironic that I failed to meet my step goal yesterday in my desperate attempts to get this thing working. Lol

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

@AryaSpark

I'm  returning the device as well. 

I will get one at BestBuy, and find out if it is the Device or an incompatibility Between the OS and Windows 10.

This one also has the blue tooth vs WiFi issues, but on the second (or was it the third) attempt, it did accept the WiFi, ...  but then...  ...  any way

Good luck to you!  (or both of us)
Are you going to try again?

I put my Alta HR back on today, and am glad I haven't yet given it away. (which was my plan!)

ahh well

time to start my day.

Good Luck!  And please continue to share. I know it helped me to realize I was not the only one with these challenges.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You and I think so much alike! I had planned to give away my flex 2 but it's back on my wrist again!

I will give this one last shot at work but if it still can't download I'll take it back tonight.

Let me know if you replace this or go with a different model.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

I am having this exact issue. I finally gave up after 4 hours of trying to make it work. I sold my apple watch for the new versa because I enjoy fitbit, but regret is slowly starting to creep back in....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AryaSpark@Laura005

Are either of you trying to Sync with Win10 devices?  ( I went to that community forum and found a long standing history of devices being "undiscovered")

If you are using a different system, check that community forum and see if problems matching your sync error are posted there. That may give a good history of the problem, and perhaps guide all of us on weather or not to continue trying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried with my iphone device. Fitbit suggested I try my pc. I recently traded in my troubled laptop for credit so I'm in the process of looking for a new one. I attempted to set it up using my work laptop but my company has fitbit blocked. ha. This is no fun.

Best Answer
0 Votes