Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa syncing issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Now I'm getting annoyed, my Versa is not syncing now ... when connecting back to Bluetooth on phone I am getting 2 different Versa showing up, 1 says Versa & 2nd says Versa (classic), tried both and still nothing ... which one is the proper one to connect? Getting frustrated with things not working, why did Fitbit make these apps so hard to understand and work! grrr ... expensive watch that don't work properly!  Nothing but issue problems, hope Fitbit gets everything working the way its suppose to.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
152 REPLIES 152

The only thing i see in settings is bluetooth connection options.

When i go there it say +audio device.

Best Answer
0 Votes
go to the bottom, also side note make sure in the app that "all day sync"
and "always connected" are checked.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to the bottom of what?

Always connected and all day sync are on, in the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Bottom of the BT settings, confusing bc it says Music pairing but just flip
it to "pair" then go to phone BT settings and connect to versa classic.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry but i don't see what you are talking about.  The only bluetooth setting on the watch says +audio device.  You say flip it to pair, HOW?  I don't see the BT settings you are talking about.

Best Answer
0 Votes
What does it say under "music via bluetooth"?!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't see a music via bluetooth.  I see music on the watch and if i go there i get a spinning wheel and after a while it says can't connect to wi-fi.

Best Answer
0 Votes
community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Finding-Versa-Classic-Bluetooth-Connection/td-p/2654188
Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, mine was having the same issues. I called Fitbit directly and the tech walked me through a series of steps that are NOTHING like what you all are talking about. Now it works fine. (I wish I could repeat the steps but I can’t remember exactly and I’d hate to miss a step).

Best Answer
Glad you figured it out!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have space on my phone.  Interestingly, the rep I spoke with did not even mention this as a solution.

It's going back.  I'm heading for an Apple Watch.  It syncs, it doesn't sync.  It monitors HR, it doesn't monitor HR...it's the most fickle piece of technology I have ever had...and I have had a lot of technology.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm sure that experience will be much better, good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just called fitbit support and was told the versa is not compatible with my phone.

I have a Moto Z Force.  Looks like the only motorola phones that are compatible are old ones, like at least 3 years old.  No new phones are compatible.  Returning my versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have a good point. I have been using a Fitbit for 4 years. I tried for days to sync the Versa. Managed to get it syncing, then it was off again. Spent hours on with support. I returned it, but I will continue to check with Fitbit, as to when the issues will to be resolved. So far I have not seen any response or acknowledgment from Fitbit. I want a Versa, but what I got wasn't impressive. I'm back with my old HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's too bad, mine works great! Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the whole issue. Some Versa work fine and other don't. Could this point to a hardware / software issue, or are some made at a different location. Is it a timing issue? I bought one about 4 weeks ago. Is that relevant?

Come on Fitbit - share your assessment of the issue!

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the forums and for sharing with us your experience so far with the Fitbit Versa. At this moment if your Versa is still having trouble syncing I would like to ask you to try the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

If you have already tried these troubleshooting steps and your Versa is still not syncing correctly, my best recommendation would be setting up your Versa as a new device (without removing it from the account first) to reset the connection between your Versa and your phone. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted. 

To set up your watch as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, give these steps a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

You REMOVED this thread and posted this?  EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD HAS ALREADY TRIED ALL THESE THINGS REPEATEDLY!!!!  This is the point you all are missing. No one should have to go through all these steps MULTIPLE times a day in order to make this device function AS IT IS ADVERTISED to function.  BUY THEM BACK.

Best Answer

Could you please help me I have done everything all the tips with syncing. It just won’t sync 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's my advice:

RETURN IT.

Best Answer