Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa syncing problem

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How many of you have the syncing problem out there? This syncing problem is really getting on to my nerve. I tried all the solution provided. 

It seems like it is almost every time I need to restart the watch multiple time, turn off bluetooth on phone, restart the phone, unpair it from the phone, uninstall the app, reinstall the app to get it sync for few hours or a day at the most. 

Then the cycle repeat the same thing over again the next day. The past two days, I have to do it multiple time. 

I love the fitbit watch just the app/software need to be fixed. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

My Versa stopped syncing yesterday.  The whole purpose is to log data but is useless now.  Did they automatically update the software and screw things up?

Best Answer

I started having the same issue. My versa shows my active minutes but my app isn't auto recognizing  exercise, active minutes or sleep. So obviously the update is the problem. I too have tried uninstalling reinstalling,everything that had worked  in the past is failing. I hope this gets worked out quickly!

Best Answer

My Versa stopped syncing yesterday, what do I do?

Best Answer

Turn off Bluetooth and turn it on.  Then erase the Versa app and reload.  I even tried to restart my iPhone but that didn’t work.  I was worried I would lose everything but the watch retained my data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the same problem. It worked fine untill I had a software-update on my phone. It last synched a week ago now... Nothing works and like you say, it's so frustrating! It's my 3rd Fitbit device now and when it's working I have no complaints whatsoever, but there are soooo many bugs. I really don't understand this is possible for a company like Fitbit :s We're not trying to synch ancient things here. There is no reason why a new phone shouldn't be perfectly compatible with my new Versa. 😞 

Best Answer

Is everyone syncing at peak times during the day?  That's probably why you can't sync if you tried the other troubleshooting steps and they don't work.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the exact same problem from day one. Starts out great, maybe stays synced for a day, then on to the steps of re-syncing.

Any idea how this is solved? Is it the App? My phone? The watch? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I still don’t know how to get it to sync!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the exact same problem, here is how I fixed it.  I used the FitBit app on my ZTE phone. It didn't sync very well. So I deleted the app off my ZTE and got it on my Kindle Fire. It started to sync a lot better on the kindle. I hope this helps!

Android and iPhone 6s. Versa, Flex 2, and Zip
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with you. I have a top brand  phone (samsung s8+) that doesn't work with Fitbit App. They says my phone is compatible but it isn't true. I must restart it every day to allow the sync between app and phone but it isn't a solution. Fitbit must find a solution, fix the problems, otherwise all of us can throw away Versa (200 €!!!!) Sadly it is beautiful but so it isn't a smartwatch, only a useless watch. Sadly I will not buy a Fitbit anymore!!!! 

Best Answer

I have the same issue.  I cannot receive notifications unless I go to the app notification settings first, then restart my device.  Wifi is also an issue...It will only stay connected for about 10 minutes.

Best Answer

What kind of phone did you use? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought the versa 3 days ago and each morning now it won’t sync and have to go through the whole deleting and starting a new device it’s ridiculous!! So disappointed in the purchase! Sadly I bought it at airport duty free so can’t return it now 😩

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a iPhone 8.
I did fix the problem yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Plenty of syncing issues. One of the most difficult wearable I've used when it comes to syncing.

Best Answer
I have a GALAXY S7. Finally working again!! Thanks!

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

I am having problems all the time with syncing, rides lost, non-syncing with Strava.

I think the Fitbit versa is a pile of rubbish!

Wish I had paid the extra and got an Apple watch!!!

Best Answer

Yes I have thought the same thing. Why I haven't paid an extra and had an Apple Watch! It hasn't any issue! What a shame!

Best Answer

I had an Apple Watch series one and hated it! Charging every night, poor apps, until they can improve battery life to 4 days and include sleep tracking I won’t waste money on one!!

Sadly it seems Fitbit perhaps are trying too hard to compete with them and have lost the edge with the software 😩!!

Best Answer