Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa syncing problem

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How many of you have the syncing problem out there? This syncing problem is really getting on to my nerve. I tried all the solution provided. 

It seems like it is almost every time I need to restart the watch multiple time, turn off bluetooth on phone, restart the phone, unpair it from the phone, uninstall the app, reinstall the app to get it sync for few hours or a day at the most. 

Then the cycle repeat the same thing over again the next day. The past two days, I have to do it multiple time. 

I love the fitbit watch just the app/software need to be fixed. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

it worked when I did it but then the syncing problem came back.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So far so good. It happened to me after the update.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, thanks for information provided.

If after following the instructions provided in my previous post you keep having issues with your watches, I recommend getting in touch directly with our support team, I know they will be glad to help you out. For a faster response you can contact them via chat.

Catch you later. Man Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my Versa for 3 weeks. Sending it back today because of the syncing problem. I am not going to deal with this everyday. Spent too much money on it to go through this frustration. Fitbit Support on Twitter keeps sending me the same article that doesn’t work. SICK OF VERSA!

Best Answer

Returning my Versa today. I am sick of spending so much time trying to get it to sync. 

Best Answer
I am frustrated with daily issue in syncing. Again today I had to power down the watch and close the app to get the watch to sync before recording a ride.
I do not have this problem with any other device that connects with Bluetooth.
There is clearly a major issue that Fitbit doesn’t want to admit as witnessed by the large amount of posts on the Fitbit community.
It really isn’t good enough!

I want to get a refund on the watch but Amazon will not refund as I have regrettably tried to persist with my Versa for more than 30 days. I have contacted Fitbit customer services who were equally unhelpful. I feel scammed!

I do not want another help article. I want a permanent solution not a temporary fix. Ideally I want a refund.

Sent from my iPad
Keith Postlethwaite
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here!

I have given my versa back to the shop where I bought it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having similar issues. My versa doesn't sync everything with my iphone8 app.

It syncs steps, floors, and exercise. But heart rate is really hit and miss. This leads on to the sleep not being recorded if the heart rate isn't tracked. The problem is that the only clue I get that it's stopped syncing is that the notifications stop.

To fix it I'm regularly having to reset the watch. Unlinked and relinked the watch to my phone several (and then had to reset the notifications every time). Also deleted and reinstalled the app a few times too.

Any ideas?

Coz I'm struggling to come up with a solution.

The problem now arises several times a day. I'm sick of it! Regretting buying this watch now. Come on fitbit sort it!!!!!

Best Answer

I think there’s definitely a hardware issue causing the problems! I bought a new one from amazon out of interest, and it works perfectly syncing every day without any issues ....yet! 3 days now and no problems! The old one Fitbit finally agreed to replace but this was after I had arranged to return for a refund from the store I bought it from in Singapore duty free!! They kindly paid for DHL shipping!! 

So fitbit you need to replace these faulty devices!! 

Best Answer
Thanks for that.
Fitbit have finally agreed to replace m y versa, so hopefully the new one will function ok.
Interestingly the original was purchased via Amazon who would not replace it. Had to push Fitbit for a replacement.
Kind regards
Best Answer

A bit of an update.

Tried the nuclear option! A full factory reset, and deleted the app from my phone & complete reset the Bluetooth connection. So far it’s worked. I did have one further dropout of heart rate syncing, so I thought I’d try changing the clock face back to the default “layers” from “Smarty”. This seems to be the final piece of the jigsaw. All is now working and syncing! It looks as though the versa

doesn’t like certain clock faces. Will give a while before I attempt picking a new one. Which is a shame as I hate the layers face, but at least it’s working....... for now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok thanks for that.
K

Sent from my iPhone
Keith Postlethwaite
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem my versa stopped syncing I'm not able to get it connected to my I phone, I am getting sick and tired of this and I might consider a different watch brand!! Angry.

Best Answer