Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa syncing problem

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How many of you have the syncing problem out there? This syncing problem is really getting on to my nerve. I tried all the solution provided. 

It seems like it is almost every time I need to restart the watch multiple time, turn off bluetooth on phone, restart the phone, unpair it from the phone, uninstall the app, reinstall the app to get it sync for few hours or a day at the most. 

Then the cycle repeat the same thing over again the next day. The past two days, I have to do it multiple time. 

I love the fitbit watch just the app/software need to be fixed. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

Haven t been able to sync my watch since Wednesday. Driving me absolutely nuts

Best Answer

Mine happened after the update. I erased the app then reloaded it. Then erased the Bluetooth and let it reconnect and it has been syncing ever since. Somehow I think the update screwed things up.

Get Outlook for iOS

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Sorry to hear about your Versas not syncing. Make sure you have a compatible mobilde device. Go to your phone's bluetooth and remove all the devices listed there. After this restart your phone and then restart your Versa by doing the following:

1.- Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
2.- Let go of the buttons.
3.- If your Fitbit watch doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again. 

Finally open the Fitbit app to start a sync.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
Thanks , mine is working now,

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I record rides through the iOS Fitbit app, which is linked to my Versa.  The ride data gets uploaded to Fitbit in the cloud, so I can see it on Fitbit on my computer and on my devices, but Fitbit stopped uploading the information to Strava.  I can do the manual upload by creating a TCX file in Fitbit.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

It works only for 24 hours, then you must repeat all these steps, and after 24 hours giù must repeat these steps again, and then you become so frustrated that you think the only way to syncing Versa is throwing it.

Best Answer

My experience is recording my ride (workout) on my iOS app on my iPhone.  The data gets into the Fitbit data, but it is not uploading into the Strava app.  I don't see how doing any of the steps you outlined above make any difference.  The data is there with Fitbit, but Fitbit is not uploading to Strava.  

How's fault is it? It's not the Versa's. It's either Fitbit or Strava.  But what happened after July 28 that caused the 2 data sources from interfacing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why can't it stay connected? It doesn't make sense that every user needs to manually do those steps you have provided every single day. Sometimes, it is more than 2-3 times a day for me. It is just not making any sense. 

Is there a plan to get this problem fix with the new software update at all??? 

This is really frustrating!!!!

Best Answer
I agree.
Fitbit are in denial that there are these problems.
Fed up with my Versa, wish I never bought it.

Sent from my iPad
Keith Postlethwaite
Best Answer

I've the same problem. My Versa stopped syncing. Last synced 07/24. Followed all help links at Fitbit.com in vain. I even factory reset my Versa (lost all my data). It still does not connect to my Note8. It was syncing fine with no issues, at least till last time I synced. Not sure what happened after that.

Best Answer

My versa still doesn't work. Can you tell us what causes the problem?? Are you working on it? I have the feeling fitbit is just ignoring these serious issues with temporary sollutions... Even if your sollution works, it's only for 24h and the frustration repeats itself. Please, I really want to enjoy my fitbit but now this 200€ "smart"watch on my hand is completely useless :S 

Best Answer
I agree. Fitbit is trying to ignore this frustrating issue.

Sent from my iPhone
Keith Postlethwaite
Best Answer
Mine stopped screwing up when I deleated the Versa app and downloaded a new
one. My data stayed in the watch and downloaded back to the app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with you. You can't sync it for more than 24 hours. The only help we have from customer service is linking the same useless help articles over and over again. Nothing on these articles helps, Versa doesn't work and we are alone! Very very frustrating! Why have I bought it?! 

Best Answer

Hi fit biters..

I can’t seem to get my weather app to stay synced!! What can I do???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!

I hope you are doing fine, thanks for troubleshooting this issue by yourselves. It's great to hear that for some of you this issue has been resolved, for the ones that keep having problems, I recommend taking a look at the help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and follow the instructions provide there.

Let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've red this article hundred times, I've tried all the solutions but I stll have problems with sync. The only thing that works is restart my phone and then reconfigurate my Versa but I can't do that every 24 hours it isn't the way to make the Versa work fine. Since monday even this doesn't work anymore. I'm very frustrated because these issues start in may when I purchased my Versa and on 2nd August it remained all the same. In my opinion there's no solution, only change my Versa with a working one or throw it away with the 200 € I spent for a useless "no-smart" watch.

Best Answer

I’ve been tweeting them regularly and suggest you all do the same perhaps the publicity will force them to work harder to resolve this! How we after my latest tweet they updated my case file and I got a sarcastic email saying they saw my Fitbit sync a minute ago, but this was after 4 hours of attempts, reboots, the Versa then started rebooting itself every few minutes!! Finally had to remove it and set up as a new device that took 4 attempts!! It’s been working ok today since then but it’s always the morning it starts again, it seems if you don’t sync for 5 hours say it just doesn’t work! The Bluetooth connections seem to be extremely buggy!! 

Best Answer

This solution did not work. In fact my Versa is not working at all now. Not syncing. Not doing anything. It is like Bluetooth is not even on the device as it is not being recognized. I have uninstalled and reinstalled for now nothing. This is extremely frustrating. Fitbit you must have better solutions

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem. 

Customer service told me that my phone is not compatible. I used my Ipad to sync and so far it is flawless. So not sure if Fitbit is more compatible with IOS rather than Andriod. 

Best Answer
0 Votes