Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa touchscreen has stopped responding

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my Versa little over a week and the touch screen has stopped responding. Only have clock, alarm and run options on buttons. Can’t access anything else. What should I do?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

This seems to have been an ongoing problem ALL YEAR! And you haven’t fixed it?! Merry Christmas to me. Less than 24 hours out of the box and the touch screen is not responding! This is such crap. My sweet husband thought that because it was Fitbit brand that there would not be issues like this. So sadly back in the box it goes to Amazon to try again. Makes me mad. I’ve been using a non Fitbit brand fitness tracker that coast a THIRD of Fitbit brand and has been working for over a year just fine out of the box. Seems like Fitbit needs to get their quality checked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Issue One:  Two days ago a new Firmware version: 32.33.1.30 was applied.  After that my touch screen stopped and I can no longer toggle in exercises or the settings menu on the watch. I called support and we reset the Versa.  The device went into a loop of booting, vibrating and rebooting.  This finally stopped after an hour.  The touch screen never came back, the side buttons work but you can no longer toggle between exercises or view settings from the watch.  Fitbit support made the call early on to replace the device.  I am grateful but disappointed that this may happen again.

Now that the rebooting has stopped I completely charged the watch and figured I would wear it until my replacement comes  (can at least get my steps).  I have noticed some new issues:

Issue Two:  Battery is draining fast!  I changed from a Heart Rate watch face back to default to see if that addresses the issue. Update: Changing the watch face to default made no difference, I charged the watch/device prior to bed time.  When I woke up the watch was 100% depleted.  Please note there is a known issue (Touch screen) that may be contributing to this charge issue.  I suspect the Firmware update since everything worked prior.

Issue Three:  I am getting duplicate 'old' text messages.  Scratching head on that one.  Update: no new/old text messages this morning.  That would seem like a good thing however the watch lost it charge.  

Charging watch now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! This is the 2nd year I have my Fitbit Versa.

on the first year, my Fitbit Versa completely died on me. Since I was under warranty, they sent me a new one.

this 2nd year, my Fitbit versa’s touchscreen is unresponsive. I contacted customer service and they told me to do the factory reset, clock change & reset troubleshoot procedure. None worked. They told me since I’m not under warranty anymore, they could not do anything for me. I just have to replace it. 

This was disappointing. It made me believe that Fitbit really has an intended expiration date to force you to buy another one. 

Anyway, luckily, I remembered that I had the old defective model from the 1st year. I went to an electronic repair shop. They managed to switch the LCD screens. My Fitbit Versa touchscreen is once again responsive.

Fitbit should give us more options since their items are easily broken:

(1) longer warranty 

(2) an official service providor

(3) options to sell spare parts 

The option to buy another Fitbit bec it’s broken and no longer under warranty will just make you lose customers. I’d be going with Apple Watch if I didn’t get to fix this. There’s a lot of credit card promos out there so the purchase would be in monthly installments and affordable. 

Please step up on your service and item quality! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I factory reset my Versa 2 when the touchscreen has become unresponsive?  It quit responding mid-day two days ago and responds to no touches though it does display the watch face.  When a call came in I could see it on the screen but could not respond.  Swiping in any direction yields nothing.  I've restarted it numerous times in an effort to get it to respond.  Now I'm trying to factory reset it in preparation for returning it, but because I can't access settings on the watch, I'm unable.  Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of the suggestions seem to work. I think the versa 2 is defective.

Best Answer
0 Votes