Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa weather and water logged Apps won’t update or sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve searched for a recent fix to the weather and water-logged apps not syncing/updating on the versa (I have an iPhone 5s). I’ve had my versa for a month tomorrow and those apps have only ever worked a few times, and not in a couple of weeks. Any ideas? If I have to get out my phone to sync the watch to use the apps, it kind of defeats the purpose of the app on the watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

@AltaVersaUser Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that the water and weather apps are not updating nor syncing. If you haven't done so, please restart your Versa as described in this help article. After this, try installing the apps again and see if they appear on the Versa and update properly.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Didn’t work. Had Already tried it several times but did again a few times
to be sure. Pretty frustrated since it’s clearly an issue with the
automatic syncing and affects a bunch of apps. Guess I’ll have to call tech
support or something.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AltaVersaUser Thank you for getting back and trying the troubleshooting steps shared above! Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have the same issue. I should restart the app. Restarted everything without success. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Alexander84 Thank you for joining us in this thread! I'm sorry to hear that your Versa is not updating your weather app either even though you have restarted your tracker and the app. Please try restore your Versa by doing the following: On your device, open the Settings app > About Factory Reset or Clear User Data.

Finally, try adding the weather again and see if the issue gets resolved.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

On your iPhone, fully close the fitbit app, go into the PHONE'S Settings, find the app settings for fitbit,  and disable/enable all "allow settings" (Bluetooth Sharing etc.)  Start the fitbit app and try to sync.

Best Answer

It’s an issue with the auto-syncing (all day sync). I went back and forth with the support. They were friendly and responsive but ultimately didn’t resolve anything. I didnt have more time to mess with it. Husband’s Charge 3 had the exact issue on my phone. Finally returned my versa (☹️) and switched to Apple watch 3 (for just a little more $). I miss the Fitbit info and interface but the added functionality (and the fact that it does what it says it should) helps. Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JLH64 Thank you so much for sharing the workaround. I'm pretty sure that this will help other users that experience the same issue. I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board, where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

@AltaVersaUser I'm so sorry to hear about the experience you had with your Fitbit Versa and you decided to return it. Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue, the water that I log on my Versa doesn’t show in the app. Also that help article you’ve linked to is about how to change the strap and has nothing to do with this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was such an easy fix! Highly recommend!!!

Best Answer

@Keekmcsqueak I'm sorry for the late response. However, I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if water is still unable to be logged in your Fitbit app.

@LVPhyl Welcome aboard to our Fitbit Community! I'm so glad to hear that the fix shared above was helpful. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

See you guys later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes