Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa will not charge and screen only works while on charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I forgot my charger while away on a trip. After two weeks I returned home and was so eager to charge my versa as I missed it a lot. It was left charging all night but once I removed it from the charger and it went black. As I returned it into the charger the screen came on and indicated it was at 0%. The versa screen shows it as charging but will not retain the charge and only works while plugged in. I tried cleaning it, resetting it, the finally a factory reset but still nothing works.  What can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

I am having the same exact issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @KT-CA As restarts and the factory reset havent helped, I have flagged a moderator to come and help you.

@SunsetRunner  Have you tried restarting it several times and also a factory reset (settings app on the watch and scroll dpwn to About) 

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Yes I have tried restarting and the factory reset. After the factory reset is when it finally showed the battery at 0%. I have left it on the charger for 24 hours at a time but it will not charge. Have tried different wall chargers and a laptop. The fitbit lights up the Fitbit symbol on the charger but still says 0% and does not start up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I have tried both with no success

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @KT-CA and @SunsetRunner, welcome to the Community Forums. Thank you so much for troubleshooting your Versa devices prior to contacting us. 

I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support Team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account. 

Thanks for flagging the post @NellyG.

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you with. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

How long does it take to be contacted? I haven't received anything yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Poor product.....never again for me! If they send me a new one I might give it a chance but I wont and try to tell everybody not to buy those watch again.....

Called fitbit to tell them that my watch is blurry on both ends, like condensation or something....,ask them if the Versa really goes in the water ( by water I only mean shower and swimming pool not snorkling or deep water) tjey said yes.....,

they told me they cant do nothing since my warranty finishes aug 15 2019 and now we are sept 10 2019 ......NOT EVEN A MONTH!!!!  The best part is that my girlfriends Versa screen became all blurry, changes colour and everything even after restating it and putting it in rice.....maybe is water.....

2 week after ....my Versa start having issue with my screen.....condensation on both side, probably by taking my everyday shower......called fitbit and they offer me 25% on a new watch........wooowww

1 week after my call.....my versa starts bugging out....cant scroll, press on a app then it opens someting else.....not steady the screen watch is always moving and bugging out!

very poor service fitbit

very sad about the watch......

Best Answer
0 Votes