Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't notify me of text messages or calls

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit versa a couple weeks ago stopped notifying me of calls or text messages, it won't vibrate or show the new message on the screen. But I'm able to go into my text message history and my new messages are there. How do I get my Fitbit to notify me again and/or get my phone calls and messages to pop up? I have a Google pixel #2

Best Answer
0 Votes
59 REPLIES 59
Nope. It worked for about 20 mins yesterday and then stopped again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've not received texts or phone calls for several days. I have an iPhone 11, ios 13.3, do not disturb is OFF and all notifications are ON. What to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, this is getting very frustrating. I've watched YouTube videos and
they did suggest restarting your watch and that did fix the issue forrrrrr
about an hour.

I've tried every other thing suggested...

* Turn off bluetooth, turn on bluetooth
* Disconnect any wireless headphones I had synced to my phone
* Turn off DND (turn on DND to check and make sure it wasn't some hidden
trick)
* Made sure text messages were my default and not FB instant messenger
* Soft restart
* Complete restart.
* Uninstall and reinstall the app
* Unpair and Re-pair

Absolutely nothing has fixed the issue. I am tempted to send the whole
thing back. It is less than 7 months old!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! And mine is less than two months old! I did make sure I followed all the procedures, restarted the Versa, and restarted my phone. So far so good but we’ll see how long it lasts.

Happy New Year! 🎆🎊:keycap_2::keycap_0::keycap_2::keycap_0:

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the difference between a soft restart and complete restart? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great question! The only difference I can tell is one you go into the
settings within your watch screen and the other you push the left button
and bottom right on your watch.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Dang it I've already done both, still doesn't work for me
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Versa2 and a Galaxy 10+ phone. I have tried all the suggestions above and I am not getting my text message....it just stopped a couple weeks ago. 

Any new suggestions will be greatly appreciated! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Download Google messages. Set it as your default. I followed this step and
now I get my notifications.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to Settings, then Notifications. Ensure Show Previews has always selected. Then you should be good. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, but it’s very random. All the appropriate things are checked off. Sometimes it notifies me of text messages, emails, etc., And sometimes it doesn’t. That’s my frustration!

In the merry merry month of May 💐

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did that and turns out my do not disturb option was on.  I turned it off , and now it works again.  Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! I can’t receive txt on my versa 2. I can get every other notification but txts. All setting are right so not sure why it’s not working!!! Help!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to download a new text message app, it's been working great for almost a year now

Best Answer
0 Votes

What was the app and did it work for iMessages on iPhones 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You must go to you settings and allow your banners to display notifications and text.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been working forever,  did all the recommendations on her ..finally figured it out...swipe right on the watch and go to settings, turn sleep mode off. Hope this helps someone else

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

When I press & hold left button Alexa pops open & then if I still hold button Fitbit turns off. My notifications does not pop up. I have Versa 2 with Pixel 4. It always worked till last upgrade of fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a pixel and my text messages were originally coming through to my versa 2 but then stopped. Which was weird because I was still getting other notifications.  So in settings I made a different texting app my default messaging app (Message+) then in App Notifications allowed Messages app (my real default messaging app) to send notifications to my versa 2.  Crossing my fingers it keeps working!

Best Answer
0 Votes