Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won’t sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa will not sync. I continuously have to restart the device, turn off Bluetooth, back on. Even then, it won’t sync. Only thing that works is when it’s on the charger. This is so frustrating. It makes me want to return the watch and get an Apple. Absolutely ridiculous that fit bit isn’t doing anything about it when there are numerous complaints...

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

May I ask what device you have that your having trouble syncing through @Brittneyydc.

Is the Fitbit app up to date?

I'm not sure what only thing works while on it's charger. 

I'll send you to the Fitbit help docs 

Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Try these troubleshooting steps if your device is not syncing
Best Answer

Mine stopped syncing on Thursday night and nothing works since despite doing all the troubleshooting fitbit recommend. My watch is a month old and for £200+ I expect better. Never had any problems with charge 2 and this isn't the first time I've had a problem with the Versa. As correspondence takes at least 2 working days, this is out of action for about a week. The Bluetooth message about restarting bluetooth has flashed up ever since day 1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure what phone you have @loz31126 so I'm not really able to help. When it comes to Android phones there are additional steps, not suggested by Fitbit, that users have discovered to help, 

Best Answer

Thanks. I have a Samsung j5 and nothing has made a difference

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. Samsung Galaxy s9+. Everything worked fine until the latest fitbit app update. Now it hasn't synched properly since 7/28

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.  Having the same problem myself.  Sometimes takes 30 minutes or more of doing all the "troubleshooting"  before my Versa will sync.   I contacted Fitbit by phone, and they didn't really give me any helpful information--just referred me to the material I already had and asked me to do the same things I was already doing.   I think maybe they need to update the sync software, or something............

Best Answer

@loz31126 have you searched the board for your phone type. Especially the Android board. I don't believe the J5 has been through testing by Fitbit yet.  But if it has been working it should still be.

@knittermum your S9 should be fine, have you looked at the troubleshooting guide. 

Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Try these troubleshooting steps if your device is not syncing
See my post here for what I would add.
@SammyJoseph I'm not sure what type of phone your having problems with. 
Best Answer

Its a Samsung S7Edge.  I looked at the board and saw that this seems to be a broad-based, recurring problem, so at least I don't feel like I'm the only one! Is there anyway for Fitbit to address this issue through a firmware update?  I really like the devices--I have Versa, Charge 2 and Flex--and the Charge 2 seems to be the most reliable when it comes to syncing.

Best Answer

A firmware update probably is not needed, but an app update certainly is needed.

Yes they could, but it still takes time to test.

There is a request to bring this phone to the developers attention 

Samsung S7 EdgeCompatibility

Best Answer

Thank you. My Versa is doing the same thing. Very frustrating. It might stay connected for a couple of days and then totally stops for more than 24hrs, then will just randomly start syncing. Almost sent it back today. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed all of your instructions and read all of the articles. I have an Apple 6. Nothing has been working. It will not hook up and then just randomly start syncing. Going to give this Versa one more week before I decide to send it back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is now syncing quicker than it did before. Not sure this will help but I shutdown my watch and turned off Bluetooth. Restarted watch the device paired and sync complete. Turned Bluetooth back on. Still working today. I also contacted fitbit direct and advised that if I had to go through a manual process each time because it doesn't work, I will be expecting a full refund because at no time was I advised of any syncing problems.  As I said working really fast since 7pm last night. 

Best Answer
0 Votes