Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa keeps switching off. I can only turn it back on using the charger. The battery is full.

I did a factory reset tonight however it won't sync to my app. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but it still won't find the watch. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 5G phone. My Versa is now sitting dead in the charger.  What else can I do? It would be over 2 years old now. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Just a thought did you reboot the phone?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AMBERSTAR77, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know if the heart rate sensors are flashing or is your device completely unresponsive? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. Such article includes a restart process which can be really helpful for this situation

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi RicardoFitbit, 

The factory reset worked however there are no lights flashing and my heart rate is undetected. My battery was/is charging as normal however the watch kept shutting down. 

Thanks again

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @AMBERSTAR77, it's a pleasure to continue assisting you.

I appreciate the details that were shared with me, it's a shame to know that you're still experiencing difficulties with your device. Certainly, your Versa isn't working as the way it was designed. That said, let me share with you that our Customer Support team was contacted on your behalf to provide you further assistance with the difficulties you're currently experiencing. Please keep an eye on your email inbox because they'll be in touch with you pretty soon. 

In the meantime they contact you, let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issues. I did factory reset on mine this week to sync to new Galaxy S20. Now, fully charged, I cannot turn off. No hard boot. The screen stays only with logo showing. I attempted to plug in to laptop to reset and it did not work either. I attempted to update firmware in phone app and just get red circle non-stop. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard @Colinmsmi, thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to know that you're experiencing the same issue but thanks for trying several troubleshooting steps before posting over here. I've created a ticket on your behalf for our Customer Support team to further assist you. Please constantly check your email inbox and spam folders because they'll promptly send you information to get you back on track as soon as possible.

I'll be around if you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi RicardoFitbit,

I still have not heard from your support team. My Versa keeps switching off, up to 6x a day and the heart rate sensor is intermittent. It's charging fine and as noted previously, I did a full factory reset. Very frustrating as it's not going that it's supposed to be doing! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your update is appreciated @AMBERSTAR77.

I'm sorry to know that our Customer Support team haven't contacted you yet. I checked your ticket status and it's still open, this means than soon it will be assigned to an advocate to send you information. Our Support team may take 7 - 10 business days to get in touch with you but please periodically check your email inbox and spam folders because they'll be in touch with you as soon as they can.

I'll be around if you need anything else, your patience is appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes