Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa works but screen is blank

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After perfectly working these past couple years my screen has suddenly gone completely black. I've gone through all the suggestions on resetting the watch and still no joy. The device still seems to be working, it still syncs to the app, tracks my heart rate, and vibrates on touch but there is nothing on screen. No logo on reset and updating the clock face doesn't help. I suspect at this point the screen just doesn't work any more but any advice would be appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes
41 REPLIES 41

This has happened to me too I the last couple of hours…. Still getting messages/step notifications but can’t seethe screen just gone completely black 

Best Answer

Same here.  Maybe something universal?

how do we get someone’s attention to help?

Pat

Best Answer
0 Votes

Super weird that 3 of us have a Versa and we’re all experiencing the same problem today. 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit is having the same problem.  For about a week prior to this, there were 2 vertical green lines on the outer edges of the screen.  Now it is black. Ughh!  I've been on with chat twice this morning and they couldn't help me.

Best Answer

Same thing with my versa lite. It started vibrating like crazy for a day and now the screen is only black. Happened 2 days ago now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa screen is also black but still syncing. Wonder if there is an update coming out or something which is crashing the versa 2. Mine has been doing it all week but usually the screen does come back on however today it hasn't and its still black. Help please. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has happened to me too today, and I've tried resetting it but no joy. Fingers crossed it's just a glitch with an update!

Best Answer

I woke this morning my watch screen when blank and I try everything to get it to work and nothing helping. 

Best Answer

The same with mine!  Versa worked perfectly until today and now just a black screen

Best Answer

I have the same issue, I have contacted Fitbit support and had this passed to the warranty team. I have advised that numerous people are reporting the issue here, but I would recommend as many people as possible log the issue through contact Fitbit so that this doesn’t get fobbed off as out of warranty hardware issues.

------------------------------------------

this is the response that I have received from Fitbit, as I said above, this will be fobbed off as a hardware issue to push extra sales.

Hi,

Although your device is outside the scope of Fitbit's warranty terms, we want to offer you a 35% discount on a new Fitbit device.

Use discount code at checkout on fitbit at any time in the next 30 days to receive a discount on a new Fitbit device. This code will become active in 24 hours.

Best Answer

this sucks big time.    No response from Fitbit.   Happening to a lot of people!

-------------------------------------------

So basically they want you to buy another.   That is not right!

Best Answer

That looks like the top and tail of it. I am awaiting a further response off them so hopefully will be able to provide an update when they reply.

Best Answer

Same here! Worked fine for a year, now the screen is black. Still sync and tracks steps, but I can't see anything

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's really good to know, appreciate you sharing their response! Mine would be in the same boat, sadly now past its warranty too. It would be nice if we could get some support on here from Fitbit with so many people having the same issue!

Best Answer

There is another thread running about the new firmware update, somebody commented the update killed off a lot of Versa watches, but there has been no response to it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did this a few months back and I knew it was out of warranty so left it until I could afford to get it fixed. Took it to currys today and the said its a screen issue so they can't fix it and to contact fitbit. 

Does anyone know of any UK repair centres? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa 2 was plugged in, not in use for several weeks.  When I tried to use it again it had no display, although it was working fine in every other respect.  The app advised me to upgrade the firmware, which I did successfully.  The logo flashed for a few seconds during the firmware upgrade, but still no display afterwards.  I've restarted it several times, the logo appears for a few seconds during the restart, then nothing.  Since many people are reporting similar issues, I'll bet it could be addressed by another firmware update.

Best Answer

My wife and I both bought Fitbits the same day.  This happened to us within hours of each other this week.

All the help desk could do was tell me that the fitbit is now garbage and I would be eligible for a discount to buy a new one. Seriously. Their firmware broke the device and think think that I will shell out good money to buy another Fitbit product? Our devices are just out of warranty by 3 months.

Terribly disappointed because I was told that there is no firmware fix planned.

You would think another firmware update would fix it -- or we would be able to revert to the previous firmware. Tech Support told me that there is no plan for another firmware update to fix the problem. I agree with MKarkS81 and everyone should continue to reach out to Fitbit. This example of corporate greed is disgusting that they can actually "break' our devices and send us a sales pitch to buy a new one with a crappy 35% discount. This is just not acceptable. Never again will I buy this brand.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I’ve been on to them again today to no avail. They still won’t admit any fault with the firmware and claim all the people on here with the same issue are only a small number of their users meaning this isn’t a common issue at all. 
I’m pretty sure this is the same as what apple got slammed for when they released software forcing older models to slow or fail in order to boost sales of their newer devices.

Best Answer