Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Updates

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Several months ago there was an update to the OS of my Versa 2, which was carried out without a problem.

However, after the update, I noticed that one of the features that I really appreciated in the old OS was that it kept track of various elements of walk patterns, such as stride length, step asymmetry, and percentage of time I had both feet on the ground while walking, did not exist in the new version.

I contacted Fitbit support, and after a series of exchanges, it turned out that the version did not have that feature and that ALL OF MY PREVİOUS DATA HAD BEEN DELETED!

I think those features should have been kept, or should be reinstated, for they give precious information for those of us who are older (I am 77) on balance and stance BUT MORE İMPORTANTLY, I feel that Fitbit should have issued a warning that the new version would not be collecting various data that were collected in the old version and that they would be deleting past data. 

That deleted data is not Fitbit's to delete, they belong to us, the users.  Had I been informed that certain features were being dropped and the data pertaining to them would be deleted and no longer available, I could have made a reasoned decision on how to respond; I may not have agreed to the update, or I may have saved the data elsewhere.

I had signed up for Fitbit before it actually came out and am very happy with it; this "hiccup" seems out of character and I hope it will not occur in the future.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @sukariguru - if you created a new account the data would appear lost. Make sure you use the original account as the data should not be deleted.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes