Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version number confusions

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I thought I would make sure to update the watches firmware to latest -- but in looking here on the forum I can't quite figure out what the latest is. I ask 8 pretty simple questions -- and the source material that seemed contradictory in case someone wants to change/clarify it for other confused users.  😃 

Thanks for taking the time to answer these.

• I checked my watch and under Settings > About > Version it lists 35.72.1.9

Question 1: Is this my Firmware version?

• The top pinned post under "Other Versa Smartwatches" is titled: "Fitbit OS 4.2.1 Firmware Update"

Question 2: How does "Fitbit OS 4.2.1 Firmware Update" relate to 35.72.1.9?

Question 3: Do I need to download either of these?

"Please note you're currently in the latest version for Versa 2, which is 35.72.1.9"

Question 4: Does this mean 37.72.1.9 and 4.2.1 are the same? Or perhaps one is part of the other?

• From the same thread. A later post by the same admin:

"Please note 4.1.2 is the Fitbit OS and 72.1.9 is the firmware version. For information about Fitbit OS updates, see What's changed in the latest Fitbit OS update? and for the firmware, see What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? "

The top pinned post (Question 1) is about version 4.2.1, but here you mention version 4.1.2 -- they are posted on the same day last week. (note the last two digits are transposed).

Question 5:  It seems like just a typo. 😃  Is this a typo?

I followed the recommended links. However there is no info in the Fitbit OS list for version 4.2.1 (but there is for version 4.1.2 -- which makes me think maybe it isn't a typo -- ahhhh!!!! 🤪)

Question 6:  Where can I actually find info about version 4.2.1?

• On the online dashboard > Settings > Versa 2 it shows my latest sync (a couple minutes ago), my latest battery status (High), and "Firmware Version" -- but it's just blank.

Question 7:  Is this something I'm doing wrong? If not, will you file a bug with your developers about it?

Question 8:  Do I need to update my firmware? Is there a way more me to tell know if I'm up to date without asking people on this forum?

Thanks for your time answering, I really appreciate it.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You've posted the same links that I posted in my question (prior to Question 5). I'm not how that helps, to be honest.

"obliviously is a typo"

I appreciate your clarification. But there are half a dozen similar questions -- not just for this firmware release, but stretching back years. Obviously that data indicates something about these numbers is a bit confusing otherwise people would not be asking so many questions about them.

"You are the latest version"

I so am. 😉 

Kidding aside, I would still appreciate hearing from an admin on the questions I asked. To be honest, I'm pretty sure I know the answers, but posted questions with links to the source of the confusion because the official info had a few mistakes, contradictions, and typos -- this post was really more of a polite hint that perhaps the admins would like to fix those mistakes as they really are very confusing to us n00bs.  😃 

Thanks for your time,

Isaiah

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, Your latest firmware is shown here

The latest OS is shown here it obviously is a typo and should read 4.2.1 and not 4.1.2 [which was a release 4 versions back].

You are at the latest version and can use all the feature present in the OS 4.2.1 release.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You've posted the same links that I posted in my question (prior to Question 5). I'm not how that helps, to be honest.

"obliviously is a typo"

I appreciate your clarification. But there are half a dozen similar questions -- not just for this firmware release, but stretching back years. Obviously that data indicates something about these numbers is a bit confusing otherwise people would not be asking so many questions about them.

"You are the latest version"

I so am. 😉 

Kidding aside, I would still appreciate hearing from an admin on the questions I asked. To be honest, I'm pretty sure I know the answers, but posted questions with links to the source of the confusion because the official info had a few mistakes, contradictions, and typos -- this post was really more of a polite hint that perhaps the admins would like to fix those mistakes as they really are very confusing to us n00bs.  😃 

Thanks for your time,

Isaiah

Best Answer
0 Votes