Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visible water damage in my Versa after washing hands.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I washed my hands while on the river yesterday, while wearing my Fitbit Versa. It was never fully submerged, but did get wet. I later noticed it wasn't working. I looked at the back and could see water inside the sensors. Hours later it came on long enough to sync and I noticed the battery had drained from 85% to 15% and quickly declining. I started a chat with Jody from Fitbit Support, who told me that there was nothing they could do for me, as my warranty ended in May. She offered a discount to purchase another one. I asked her why I would purchase another device from them that doesn't hold up to what they claim the device can handle (water resistant up to 50M). She said she understood my frustrations, but could not offer a replacement and to just use the discount code she had emailed me. I asked if the Fitbit was only waterproof during the time it was covered under warranty and she said it was not. I told her I would be sharing the chat log with the Fitbit community, since I had been a Fitbit member for many years and seem to have had nothing but problems with the Versa and now they are unwilling to help me out, given I was 6 weeks past the warranty expiration. Before I had a chance to save the chat, she ended it. It is now the following day and the Versa still does not stay on longer than a few seconds and the left button doesn't work at all. Just thought I would share my extremely frustrating experience with Fitbit support. The versa is WAY to expensive to receive such horrible service and experience so many issues from the very beginning. 

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

SAME. EXACT. EXPERIENCE. Except mine is 8 weeks out of warranty and I actually was swimming with it. But it IS advertised as swim-proof. I've been a Fitbit customer for 7 years and have purchased 5 devices. Their customer service used to be top notch! I'm with you... it's an expensive device and should be replaced for failing to be swim-proof as claimed. 

Best Answer

I went to Best Buy, where I originally purchased my Versa and explained the situation. The salesman said he hadn't heard of this issue before and was shocked to hear that this is actually an issue, as it is meant for SWIMMING! I told him that I'm not the only one complaining about this issue and that Fitbit has been less than helpful. He said he would definitely be keeping this info in mind when people ask about the Versa in the future. Maybe if this gets around to enough retailers and less Fitbit devices are sold, then Fitbit will step up their game and customer service to where it used to be. Like you, I also have purchased multiple devices for them, so I feel like they really don't care much for their customers. I was pretty upset with myself for buying a Fitbit for Grandpa the week before all of this happened. But as they say, hindsight

is always 20/20.

Best Answer

Same problem. Water damage, so now the heart rate sensor does not work and the battery drains super fast.

Contacted support and they did not even offer me a discount on a new device or even suggest an alternative as I was past the warranty period. Appalling considering the amount of money spent on this watch. 

Best Answer

My Versa just went out after downloading the new software update that came up on my Fitbit app and Fitbit customer service won't do anything about it except give me a 30 percent discount to buy a new watch because I had my watch a little over a year. Unbelievable, we've purchased 4 of their watches, which were not cheap and they can't even help when an update they put out ruined my watch. Terrible customer service! Way to back your product. I will never purchase from them again. Save your money and go with someone else.

Best Answer

Very similar experience. Was working fine one minute, got the watch wet, screen went out. Called support and because my purchase was 14 months ago, tough. They offered a 25% discount on any new fitbit for 30 days!!! Really, it will be on sale soon for less than that. Looking for another manufacturer. Fitbit false advertises!!!!

Best Answer

I switched to the Samsung Galaxy Active 2. Love it!

Best Answer

Me too, 2 days ago! Lovin' my Active 2!! 

Best Answer

I just did my dishes and washed my hand. My versa switched off I thought may be better out of battery so wiped it and kept in charging. It did not charge. What should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
My similar experience would say your Versa is no longer useable! Contact
Fitbit if it's still in warranty. If it's out of warranty, they will most
likely try to get you to buy another one--and may offer a discount, which
is what they offered me. My Versa was only 14 months old! I chose not to
give Fitbit more money for a product that dies right after the warranty
period. I purchased another watch from another company. No more Fitbit for
me!!! Minimal exposure to water should not destroy an item that is
advertised to be water resistant AND you can even go swimming with it
on....I say FALSE ADVERTISING and Fitbit will not stand behind their
claims!