Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice reply to text message not working on Versa 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've followed the recommendations from past posts circa 2019, reset watch, current on updates, tried everything,  function still does not work.  Very disappointing. Voice with alexa works though. Just not voice text replies.. Help in figuring this out would be appreciated. Thank you

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @AJaynes7284. Welcome on board. I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and they've already assisted you with this matter. Feel free to contact our team back if you need further help. 

@kelly0870 @Cbaulos Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums. 

Please note the microphone in your watch only turns on when you’re using a feature that requires your voice, such as a voice assistant. The microphone turns off when the voice assistant responds, when you close the voice assistant, or when your watch’s screen turns off.

Fore more information and troubleshooting steps, see: How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit device? and What should I do if my voice assistant doesn't work on my Fitbit smartwatch? 

However, you can try these few troubleshooting steps to see if it will fix what you are experiencing:

1. On the Fitbit app, tap on your profile's icon > Versa 2 > Amazon Alexa and log out.
  2. On your phone's settings tap on Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  3. Go back one screen and tap on force stop.
  4. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
  5. Reboot your phone.

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hi there @phyllisdiane, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2 before reaching out. I understand how disappointing this can be. 

Before anything else, I'd like you to make sure that the mobile phone you're using is included here Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported and does not meet the require OS we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

In order to receive and respond to messages from your watch, your phone must be nearby with Bluetooth turned on and the Fitbit app running in the background. To use the microphone in Versa 2 to respond to messages, in the Settings app please make sure the Microphone setting is set to Enabled. 

For more information, see How do I use quick replies on my Fitbit device? 

Let me know how it goes. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi thanks for the response. I'm using a Samsung galaxy note 9, software android version 10. I do keep fitbit open, phone is close by, and my Bluetooth is always on. So not understanding what the problem is. Worked fine for for a several months, then just stopped working.  Hopefully you can help solve the problem. 

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

@phyllisdiane I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above. Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a support case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. Note that we may take a bit long to get back to you since due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual. 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues.  The feature worked for quite a while and just this last week has stopped working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here since update. Help

Best Answer

Same here

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @AJaynes7284. Welcome on board. I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and they've already assisted you with this matter. Feel free to contact our team back if you need further help. 

@kelly0870 @Cbaulos Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums. 

Please note the microphone in your watch only turns on when you’re using a feature that requires your voice, such as a voice assistant. The microphone turns off when the voice assistant responds, when you close the voice assistant, or when your watch’s screen turns off.

Fore more information and troubleshooting steps, see: How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit device? and What should I do if my voice assistant doesn't work on my Fitbit smartwatch? 

However, you can try these few troubleshooting steps to see if it will fix what you are experiencing:

1. On the Fitbit app, tap on your profile's icon > Versa 2 > Amazon Alexa and log out.
  2. On your phone's settings tap on Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  3. Go back one screen and tap on force stop.
  4. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
  5. Reboot your phone.

Hope that helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here just started  and i done everything possible this seems like its happening to alot of people so it is on ur guys end plz fix thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Lnlygrl234. Welcome to the Community Forums. I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Best Answer
0 Votes